dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Really noob here

Hapless Hero
@hapless-hero
14 years ago
4 posts
Hello all!

I've just recently begun my journey down the dreadlocked path, and have a few question for everyone. First though let me tell you: I am white with an oily complexion. I have quite thick straight hair that is currently about an inch and a half grown out from a close cropped cut (been shaving my own head for a while).

Should I be washing my hair regularly? I currently use Dr. Bronner's, but have heard a lot of different opinions regarding washing daily.

Is there anything I can do to train my hair type? SoaringEagle, I would spend a month in the wilderness, but I cannot afford to right now!

Thanks all!

updated by @hapless-hero: 02/14/15 10:58:49AM
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
lol@ your last sentence.welcome!i washed my hair every other day at firstthen every 3rd daythen every 4th dayand now 1-2 times a week.this was a gradual process to becoming free from "shampoo dependency"pretty much -- when it got too oily, i washed it. oil hinders the dreading process.
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
I think he meant that he has to make money and cant afford to leave the city !! breeze said:
It doesn't cost anything to live in the wilderness,
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i save money every time i go to the wilderness, even if it costs a few hundred to get thereiluminumnutty said it all slowly ween yourself ya got time u need growthif u look at her hair its about min length maybe lil longer for natural, mine started out much the same.. once u getr bout that length it'll dread fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
iluvblutak
@iluvblutak
14 years ago
18 posts
on the wilderness front, i go off camping for pretty much all of my summer holidays, last year i started in england, walked and hitchhiked my way to morocco and back, didnt spend more then 40 pounds and that was on energency food when i couldnt find any work to get food with, its an amazing way to spend a summer and saves alot of cash.as for washing, i've been using backing soda mix, i'm only just starting dreads too but i can already feel a difference in my hair and its doing very well, i'd reccomend it with 5/5 stars
Hapless Hero
@hapless-hero
14 years ago
4 posts
Eh, the wilderness thing requires a lot of prep, I have muscular dystrophy and can't really handle myself alone. Don't get me wrong, I would literally live in a shack in the woods if I physically could.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thats why i go with 40,000 wonderful ppl willing to help if neededive snapped off the front wheels of f my wheelchair and had to stay in a wheelie for 2 weeks..its never exactly easy but its so worthit so i just dont let anything hold me back Hapless Hero said:
Eh, the wilderness thing requires a lot of prep, I have muscular dystrophy and can't really handle myself alone. Don't get me wrong, I would literally live in a shack in the woods if I physically could.

--
Hapless Hero
@hapless-hero
14 years ago
4 posts
Eagle, would you mind pointing me in the right direction? I used to be a big camper and hiker and now that it's getting harder and I'm getting weaker I'm wondering where to meet people that would be down for what would inevitably be a huge challenge to them too.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
posted some vidsbut ok heres a couple

Warriors of the Rainbow from Melitta Tchaicovsky on Vimeo .

rainbow spirit
at most theres a camp called handicamp or angel camp where u can get all the help u need but many of us dont bother camping there cause we like to be in deeper Hapless Hero said:
Eagle, would you mind pointing me in the right direction? I used to be a big camper and hiker and now that it's getting harder and I'm getting weaker I'm wondering where to meet people that would be down for what would inevitably be a huge challenge to them too.

--
Hapless Hero
@hapless-hero
14 years ago
4 posts
Thank you so much!soaringeagle said:at most theres a camp called handicamp or angel camp where u can get all the help u need but many of us dont bother camping there cause we like to be in deeper
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form