Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

maintaining question.

Il Kwon Kim
@il-kwon-kim
14 years ago
11 posts

hi everyone :) it's my first time posting it..

i have been doing dreads over 9 months now,

havesome questions here!

iknow a african woman who is a rastafarian, and she usedto take care of my roots

every 5~8 week. what she did was "interlocing."

1. WHAT IS INTERLOCING?

Isthis a goodmethod to keep rootsstrong and prevent hair from loosening?

2. As you can see my attached pic, I have a loooooooooooot of loose hair that came out randomly from everywhere.. (didn't do any of maintanance except washing for 4 months now.)

some of my hair seemsthey came out from the dreads whichwere supposed be loced together.

should i just leave it like this, or do something?

(i want to make my thin dreads more thick andstrong)

advice needed..

updated by @il-kwon-kim: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
interlocking is a very very bad method it causes dreads to be extremely weak and fall off (your not going to loose every interlocked dread, but they are very easy to break off)roots need no maintenance at all, and loose hairs will either join existing dreads or form new baby dreadsits best to do as lil maintenance as possible, just separating to avoid giant dreads and washingnothing elseyour head will need time to recover from the interlocking mistake, it will always be weak where interlocked but what ui need is growth, u need a gap between scalp and dread for real dreading to occur..interlocking removes that gap replacing it with a weak pointnever interlock dreads!! its widely known to be the worse practice possible (except perhaps felting) even wax isnt as bad

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Il Kwon Kim
@il-kwon-kim
14 years ago
11 posts
Thanks for reply! I'll never do interlocing again.so there's no way to make weak locks to become more thick and strong?what if i gather the weak dread and the loosen hair(which came out of the same section) , and then twist them together?will this help?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well theyre already weak so wouldnt twist em, but you can wrap the loose hairs around em or add a bead over a weak spot , tuck in some loose hairs to helpor simplest way dont seperate weak dreads so 2 dreads (and loose hairs between) join and become 1 dread Il Kwon Kim said:
Thanks for reply! I'll never do interlocing again.

so there's no way to make weak locks to become more thick and strong?

if i twist my dreads with the near loosen hair, will this help?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Il Kwon Kim
@il-kwon-kim
14 years ago
11 posts
i'll just try to wrap the loose hair around the dreads.appreciate it. :)
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
14 years ago
101 posts
your dreads are really sick as fuck dude, you dont need to do anything to em!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form