Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hmmm..

RippleInStillWater
@rippleinstillwater
14 years ago
16 posts
SO i started my dreads about 10 months ago from the back combing method which im pissed about now.. but anyway.. i feel like they still look like shit. i have so many loose hairs but there not just a few there all over! i think about cutting them often because ive always wanted dreads my whole life but there not how i want them. i just dont want to start the process all over ifeel ive come to far
updated by @rippleinstillwater: 02/15/15 05:45:00AM
Scarface
@scarface
14 years ago
64 posts
You could try some careful crocheting. if you just let it be it may dread itself into another dread over time, but if you are to impatient (like me) some crocheting might help. either that, or you could try the twist&rip method on some of the longer lose strands, to make new minidreads. I've done that to a couple of tufts of loose hair myself, and it seems to work OK. fell out the first time, but they seem to hold better the second time.by the way: you should try to keep at least SOME loose hair among the roots, it helps cover the gaps between dreads, so you don't get sunburns on your scalp.
Jim the Kraken
@jim-the-kraken
14 years ago
81 posts
I did the back combing thing too and then cut them off a year and a half later cause they weren't what I wanted. now I'm going the natural method. If you cut them or keep going, either way you are going to have to have some patience. Which ever way you choose is up to you, but try to realize that loose hairs are a part of having dreads.
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
14 years ago
213 posts
from wut i can tell i think they look gooooooodNamaste
RippleInStillWater
@rippleinstillwater
14 years ago
16 posts
i do have patience just looking at everyone elses pics looks like im way behind for having them for 10 months. how long you had the new nattys jim
Vinny
@vinny
14 years ago
82 posts
RippleInStillWater said:
i do have patience just looking at everyone elses pics looks like im way behind for having them for 10 months.
think about it this way...If you cut your hair now you'll be even farther behind. like miles behind. Dreads are a "3 steps forward, 2 steps back" process. If you cut them now you'll be taking like a billion steps backwards. Hang in there bro.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
they look fine to me, that's how my lucy's looked back then, what's a regular pic of you look like?
Jim the Kraken
@jim-the-kraken
14 years ago
81 posts
only about two months, I don't have any pics of the new ones up, mostly because they just look like uncombed hair, not dreads yet. RippleInStillWater said:
i do have patience just looking at everyone elses pics looks like im way behind for having them for 10 months. how long you had the new nattys jim
Jim the Kraken
@jim-the-kraken
14 years ago
81 posts
I don't have any pics of the new dreads. It's only been two months so they don't look like dreads yet, just looks like I haven't combed my hair in a while. If you cut them, you'll just have to go through what your going through right now sometime down the road. RippleInStillWater said:
Jim the Kraken
@jim-the-kraken
14 years ago
81 posts
sorry about the double post, thought i screwed the first one up.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form