Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Tea Tree Dreadlock Shampoo

Hunter.Crow
@huntercrow
6 years ago
29 posts

Just tried the tea tree Just 4 Dreads shampoo for the first time. I loved the way it smells, tea tree oil is one of my favorite things ever. My dreads also feel nice and clean, better balanced. I'll have to give them a good review on their website after I've used it a few more times. It'll be interesting to see if it actually helps my dreads lock faster. I feel like I don't have to use a lot of this compared to the shampoo I was using. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

your using the liquid right if so it will dread faster for sure

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Hunter.Crow
@huntercrow
6 years ago
29 posts

Thats right, the liquid shampoo. 

After using it, my hair dried and I noticed white flakes in my hair at the roots, where the shampoo was applied. What do you think? Too much shampoo? Not enough rinsing? I live in a camper trailer and only get about five minutes of warm water. 

So I spend one minute soaking my dreads and getting the shampoo in my hands. Apply on my scalp at the top with one hand and at the bottom with the other hand, turn my water off and gently scrub my scalp with my fingertips. Then I turn the water on and gently squeeze and work my dreads through as the soap rinses through them, and I spend the rest of the time rinsing my hair and squeezing it until the water turns cold, then I spend a minute rinsing my hair with cold water. 

I feel like I'm thourough, yet gentle throughout the process. I probably used too much shampoo, I've been using store brought non-dread shampoo and it takes a bit to wash the whole scalp with that stuff. 

Should I go and rinse my hair again? Maybe a full five minutes of rinsing with hot water will take care of the specks. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

what do the specs look like

if u used cooler water  wouldnt it stay slightly warm longer

if u live in a camper are u camping somewhere warmer? i usually use cool to cold but in winter use only ..not cool ..  almost warm but not really

warm enough to not make e unbearably cold

i usually take 5 min to just wet them (keep in mind the length f mine) i wash in 1/4s front left front right etc  rinsing each 1/4  then do a full head rinse then rinse the length and rinse some more  ..i rinse alot

--
Hunter.Crow
@huntercrow
6 years ago
29 posts

I live in northern az near Flagstaff, it's really cold this time of year. I prefer warmer showers. I think my solution might be to wash with less soap and cold water and rinse with what hot water I can. I might even do secondary rinses on my hair wash days .

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

how colds it really get there? 60?

--
Hunter.Crow
@huntercrow
6 years ago
29 posts

It was 14 degrees last night and hasn't been above the low 40s in a couple of weeks. We got snow and hail before halloween. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

weird i know oklohoma has crazy weather in winter 70 for a week then 12 for a week never expected such brutal cold so far south

--
Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

@soaring-eagle given the way we have screwed the planet, anything`s possible.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

yup even your bath water exploding your house

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form