Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Please help! So many mistakes!

CarinaBee
@carinabee
6 years ago
1 posts

Help! My dreads are a mess! I have done everything wrong and want to fix it. I have had my dreads for about 6 months now; they were done the pull through method and latch hook. Up keep has been the pull through and wax. Also, they were originally done too thin and I have had to combine them. I know dread bulbs are normal, but these seem extreme. Also, I hate the look of all the parts on my head, so I am growing out my dreads, but if anyone one can help with any suggestions please!

IMG_3546.jpg
IMG_3546.jpg  •  1.1MB

IMG_3545.jpg
IMG_3545.jpg  •  915KB

IMG_3548.jpg
IMG_3548.jpg  •  1.1MB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

1st you need wax b gone to get the wax out

next those were not too thin, they thicken as they mature, bit the latch hook and interlocking thins them and widens the parts causing a form of balding called traction alopecia

i would demand a refund of every cent you spent, especially at te place that used wax! they do not deserve to be in business f they use wax

(after you get your refund donate 1% to www.freedomswings.org there is a freedoms wings canada but they are fa better funded by your government)

the "extreme' of the bulbs is far from extreme however te interlocking can create permenant holes, and zig zags, its a horible method

the sections re pretty large, when these recover they will be very thick dreads

thats why we never recommend combining till they are mature and you know how thick they willend up

look at the drea size ompared to the section size. they will get several times thicker to roughly the section size

your biggest cncery now is removing the wax! thats a scam and the salon must pay for doing that to youyou may want to consider startin over the right way

i will not suggest that, just suggest it is worth considering

before we had wax b gone, i would have said starting over was  must

you do have more issues then wax.. they are mistakes.. they may leave permenant scars, but  thy won't prevent yu from going on if thats your choice.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form