Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Intro

Hunter.Crow
@huntercrow
6 years ago
29 posts

Hello, I'm Hunter, and I've had dreads for six months now. It has definitely been one of the best decisions I've ever made, I feel as though I found the perfect way to express myself with my hair. I started with twist and rip, was fairly gentle with that process, and didn't section my hair with any precision so the sections are mostly different sizes. I actually love that each individual dread is unique to itself. My unlocked hair was straight, fine, and thin. My dreads are therefore fairly thin, but I like the look. I refuse to use wax, gel, or powders, and I take great care to research the shampoo I use. I also use residue free body wash to further prevent buildup. 

I have many questions, and I think this is the perfect place to ask them. Whenever I'm able to take a good pic I'll post my dreads in the appropriate forum section. Thanks everyone, I look forward to our discussions! 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

i think you said you use baking soda and acv you should stop! its way to harsh and severely weakens hair

the absolute best shampoo is www.dreadlockshampoo.com liquid for young (non african) dreads bars for mature or african (any stage)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Hunter.Crow
@huntercrow
6 years ago
29 posts

Yes I've done two baking soda deep cleans and my last one was with apple cider vinegar added to it. I have been using Free and Clear residue free shampoo for the last six months. Any word on the safety/effectiveness of that you know of? I was getting ready to switch to Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle shampoo, as I've found several sources saying it's a good shampoo to use with dreads that are six months old or older. 

Hunter.Crow
@huntercrow
6 years ago
29 posts

I'm gonna go to the dread maintainence section for these questions actually, thanks for the info so far! 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

the trader joes is a marginally ok shampoo when you have no access to a proper dread shampoo.  the liquid dreadlockshampoo will have it dreading insanely fast  stuff like trader joes is o when thats all you have cess to

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

This one really is the best.

https://dreadlockshampoo.com/

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
Dislike 0