Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

complete frizzy "poof" head!!!!

MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts

O.K. - it has only been a couple days of not messing with my hair and I am a COMPLETE FUZZY POOF HEAD!!! I mean really, it is quite ridiculous looking. I am trying not to sound like a vain barbie doll here, but I need a little help/encouragement. I have tried a little aloe, but with my hair being naturally curly and leaning towards dry, it just sucks up the aloe like I never even used it 15 minutes later. Approximately how long does this stage last????????And does anyone have tips or words of encouragement? All I get at home right now is wierd looks - ha ha!! By the way, I am not really a "hat" person,

updated by @midread: 02/14/15 10:32:51AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
lets see picsbut u can ignore it or wear a bandana or air bandit will get better hard to sawy wye4njust usijnmg alowe migt tame it some but cause it conditions migt also make tye tightening to takle longeruse aloe just when u really need torest of te time ignore it or tie it back to hide it somewaqtand are u talking frizz on te dreads or at scalplets swee pics

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
I will have to get a picture uploaded, but if you look at my profile picture, you can see the tendancy for my hair to be frizzy - and that is with a heavy conditioning shampoo and conditioner. I don't have any dreads yet, just frizzy curly-cues starting to form. If you are familiar with Rosanna Rosanna Danna from SNL, just picture her hair - that's about how I feel I look!!! soaringeagle said:
lets see pics
but u can ignore it or wear a bandana or air band
it will get better hard to sawy wye4n
just usijnmg alowe migt tame it some but cause it conditions migt also make tye tightening to takle longer
use aloe just when u really need to
rest of te time ignore it or tie it back to hide it somewaqt

and are u talking frizz on te dreads or at scalp
lets swee pics
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
you'll find what works for you, especially when sections start to form,this is probably the most most frustrating phase in time,generally it last months, mine was hard for me for about 4-6months time,your hair looks beautiful, and will lock up well if its anything like ur profile pic :)I know how it feels, it's frustrating,,, but so is curly hair, lollook into using beads when you can or even wraps since your not a hat person, tho if you can in ur spare time, still would recommend it since you tend to wake up with less frizzy hair poking all over the place if you wear it at least the last few hours be4 waking up,
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea train yourself to sleep walk and put on a hat 2 hoursa b4 waking up..lol not sure ow that works butbreads are a good ideaand onnewstly yoiur profile pifc looks grewatstop worryin

--
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
soaringeagle said:
yea train yourself to sleep walk and put on a hat 2 hoursa b4 waking up..lol not sure ow that works but
breads are a good idea
and onnewstly yoiur profile pifc looks grewat
stop worryin
lol I have bad sleeping habits and did JUST THAT.:)
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
Thanks guys!!! and your right, curly hair can be frustrating in general anyway. I remember now why I kept it cut short!!! I am not sure I can sleep walk well enough to put a hat on, but maybe a wrap or something will help with controlling the frizz!! It is a lot worse when I first get up because I thrash so much in my sleep. I will schlog on with positive reinforcement!! My hair will look good.... my hair will look good.... my hair will look good...ha ha...:) soaringeagle said:
yea train yourself to sleep walk and put on a hat 2 hoursa b4 waking up..lol not sure ow that works but
breads are a good idea
and onnewstly yoiur profile pifc looks grewat
stop worryin
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
loli meant beads put beads in not bread..if u alow bread to get very stale maybe u can make a bread beadyour hair looks greatdont look in a mirror let your shadow be your mirroer as well as oters eyes dont judge your looks on your perception but on te compliments you getyou look great to me

--
LowRyderMan
@lowryderman
14 years ago
88 posts
A bread bead huh? That would be interesting. soaringeagle said:
lol i meant beads put beads in not bread..
if u alow bread to get very stale maybe u can make a bread bead

your hair looks great
dont look in a mirror let your shadow be your mirroer as well as oters eyes dont judge your looks on your perception but on te compliments you get
you look great to me
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
Rama Varma,I am positive that nobody has a CLUE by looking at me that I am trying to dread my hair at this point in the process. They probably just think "man, she needs to run a comb through that mess on her head!" LOL!! LowRyderMan said:
A bread bead huh? That would be interesting.

soaringeagle said:
lol i meant beads put beads in not bread..
if u alow bread to get very stale maybe u can make a bread bead

your hair looks great
dont look in a mirror let your shadow be your mirroer as well as oters eyes dont judge your looks on your perception but on te compliments you get
you look great to me
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form