Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Backcombing method

Albert
@albert
14 years ago
25 posts
My question is on the backcombing method. Since I have curly hair I was wondering if I should pick it out with a comb before backcombing or just leave it curly?
updated by @albert: 02/14/15 08:27:04AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if u got curly air wy backcoimb at allbut no curly is best so go on and backcomb but backcombings a poor method choice if you dont go natural (best) ten twist and rip is much better then backcombing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
if your hair is curly, and you pick it out, I'd imagine you would have an afro, (like i used to back in the day lol)and that'd just make it harder, but wouldn't matter a whole lot, I just brushed my hair down in the shower when wet an let it dry like that,same applies if your going to T&R
Albert
@albert
14 years ago
25 posts
I was planning on going the natural way but sadly I don't have the patience for it lol. I'm at a point where I'm getting a litte frustrated because I'm not seeing any progress and feel like just cutting my hair. My hair just coils into curls and droops down to my face, I don't really see or feel any knots though. That's why I'm gonna try the backcombing thing. I would do twist and rip but I'm thinking they will look like a weird braid.

soaringeagle said:
if u got curly air wy backcoimb at all but no curly is best so go on and backcomb but backcombings a poor method choice if you dont go natural (best) ten twist and rip is much better then backcombing
Albert
@albert
14 years ago
25 posts
Yea I know what you mean, the fro kept my ears warm but it got too hot in the summer lol. I was thinking if I picked it out, maybe I would be able to separate it easier or something. Idk though it was just a thought lol.

Iain said:
if your hair is curly, and you pick it out, I'd imagine you would have an afro, (like i used to back in the day lol) and that'd just make it harder, but wouldn't matter a whole lot, I just brushed my hair down in the shower when wet an let it dry like that,same applies if your going to T&R
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
OW LONGS IT BEEN? sould dread fast id thinkbut twist and rip dreads look way way better thhen backcombed which look like side show boib sausagestwist n rip look like dreads right from the start Albert said:
I was planning on going the natural way but sadly I don't have the patience for it lol. I'm at a point where I'm getting a litte frustrated because I'm not seeing any progress and feel like just cutting my hair. My hair just coils into curls and droops down to my face, I don't really see or feel any knots though. That's why I'm gonna try the backcombing thing. I would do twist and rip but I'm thinking they will look like a weird braid.

soaringeagle said:
if u got curly air wy backcoimb at all but no curly is best so go on and backcomb but backcombings a poor method choice if you dont go natural (best) ten twist and rip is much better then backcombing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Albert
@albert
14 years ago
25 posts
It hasn't been that long but I'm impatient when it comes to waiting lol. My hair is a little over 4 in now. I guess I can try both and see which look better.

soaringeagle said:
OW LONGS IT BEEN? sould dread fast id think but twist and rip dreads look way way better thhen backcombed which look like side show boib sausagestwist n rip look like dreads right from the start Albert said:

soaringeagle said:
Albert
@albert
14 years ago
25 posts
I know exactly what you mean about the hacking part lol. I wear a beanie to school everyday, I'm kinda getting a little tired of it haha. Yea I think I'm just gonna try both and see which one I like better or gives better results.

Rama Varma said:
Albert, allow me to point you in the direction of this thread , which I started a couple a days ago from a similar position (I would go natural, except that I'll go crazy and hack it all off first). You might as well try twist and rip, see how you get on, but there's no shame in backcombing. Whatever you do, let us know how you get on.
Albert
@albert
14 years ago
25 posts
I guess it's just the fact and idea that if I at least start backcombing or twist n rip I'll feel like I'm going somewhere. Plus, I won't feel like getting the clippers anytime soon lol.

Rama Varma said:
At four inches, bear in mind that whatever you do isn't going to look good. The only reason to do something other than wait at that length is, as we've both said, inpatience. But my hair looks worse than it did before. It looks worse, but it feels so much better to me.
Vinny
@vinny
14 years ago
82 posts
If you decide to backcomb I suggest doing it by yourself. less likely to hurt and turns out better.yes backcombing does make your hair look "goofy" but frankly for most people going natural it makes their hair look kinda "dirty". So it's a complete matter of preference really, gotta ask your self what YOU are willing to cope with.btw, good luck sir.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form