Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help with new dreads

BMANlocs
@bmanlocs
14 years ago
3 posts
I just got my dreads done a little over a week ago. I'm having trouble getting the roots to knot up. Especially the front ones, theyre pretty loose. CHeck out my video
fot a visual please. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
updated by @bmanlocs: 01/13/15 08:31:36PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
were the roots interlocke4d?you ad your dreads made..mistake number 1tey most likelyu used wax and inrterlocked more mistakesroots nbever ever need work if u force emn you hurt yourselfinterlockings te worse ting u can dotell me4 everyting they did and used as far as productsten clean it all out all te gu7nk and do notingthe more u do to dreads te worse tey get

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Vinny
@vinny
14 years ago
82 posts
First off you dont need to twist anything into your hair bro, the less stuff you put in there the better. What ever that jar of whatever is I can promise you its completely unnecessary and possibly even counterproductive.So she braided the roots and then backcombed the rest of the section? that sounds a little unnecessary to me, I really dont know why she did that. the hair will continue to dread at the root as your hair grows, braids or no braids. Roots are always loose and always will be loose. That's normal and good because the new growth needs space to move around and tangle on its own.You're hair is gonna be doing some wacky things over the bulk of this year. Shrinking, lengthening, zigzagging, looping, tightening and loosening, everything that every other dread head has to go through. Best advise I can give you is to not freak out, accept it as apart of the process and dont try to "fix" anything.From this point on you just have to wash your hair weekly, with a shampoo that's good for dreads or baking soda wash, and just let it do its own thing. you can spray with sea salt to help it tighten and you can wear a wool tam to help em lock too. But mostly you just have to give them time.btw, are those rubber bands I see? if they are dont leave them in for more than a couple of weeks. They have a tendency to melt and fuse with the hair, and you end up having to either leave em or cut them out. really sucks, it happened to me.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
watched it again stop using te slime or is ir wax eiter way throw it away ..and wash ytour yair!! if tey told u not to wash your hhair tey odviosly dont know a ting about dreading you musty wash to dreadyou went to a salon? you were screwed..salons are te worse way possible to dread..your probly better off combing out and starting overexpecialy idf thhey used wax and interlockingdreads are te anti salon so ofcoiurse salons are anti dreads they screw you on purpose so tey can keep u a slave

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
was the roots braided or interlocked (interlocking looks braided but they push the dreads troug gaps in te roo9ts)interlockings very badbraiding was stupid but eventualy ewill recover\just wash out te gunk

--
Vinny
@vinny
14 years ago
82 posts
The real issue with salons is that they usually only have experience within dreads "black" hair, they dont take the time required to do a proper job because a proper job can take a long ass time (My hair was 7" when i backcombed and it took me over 16 hours). On top of that they have a bad habit of giving you lame or useless routines and advise. Very few of them have any real experience with having and caring for dreads themselves.
BMANlocs
@bmanlocs
14 years ago
3 posts
thanks for the help guysthe roots are braided, i will try not using the wax for awhile, its a pain in the ass anyway aha
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
awile? noo you need to not only stop using iut but take extreme efforts to remove itwax is evil it drasticly slows even stops drteading insteasd just glues hair togeterots waterproof so never comes outit gets stiff sticky ands traps diort and water leading to moldalmost all wax dreads get cut in 1st 3-4 years and even aftyer 6 years wasing sonce last time usiong it u still get a core tats all waxteres a wax removal tread lkionk at tyop of front page BMANlocs said:
thanks for the help guys

the roots are braided, i will try not using the wax for awhile, its a pain in the ass anyway aha

--
BMANlocs
@bmanlocs
14 years ago
3 posts
where is the link for waz removal? soaringeagle said:
awile? noo you need to not only stop using iut but take extreme efforts to remove it
wax is evil it drasticly slows even stops drteading insteasd just glues hair togeter
ots waterproof so never comes out
it gets stiff sticky ands traps diort and water leading to mold

almost all wax dreads get cut in 1st 3-4 years and even aftyer 6 years wasing sonce last time usiong it u still get a core tats all wax

teres a wax removal tread lkionk at tyop of front page

BMANlocs said:
thanks for the help guys

the roots are braided, i will try not using the wax for awhile, its a pain in the ass anyway aha
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dread-wax-why-ya-dont-want-it read entire tread..every postaqnd wen u get to the pictures be glad youir catchiong it early.. wax is gross BMANlocs said:
where is the link for waz removal?

soaringeagle said:
awile? noo you need to not only stop using iut but take extreme efforts to remove it
wax is evil it drasticly slows even stops drteading insteasd just glues hair togeter
ots waterproof so never comes out
it gets stiff sticky ands traps diort and water leading to mold

almost all wax dreads get cut in 1st 3-4 years and even aftyer 6 years wasing sonce last time usiong it u still get a core tats all wax

teres a wax removal tread lkionk at tyop of front page

BMANlocs said:
thanks for the help guys

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form