Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

aloha!

hannah bebont
@hannah-bebont
14 years ago
7 posts

i just found this site on a whim, was trying to find something like this, and it just popped up. awesome! i've had dreads for about 6-7 months, they all just kind of started and did their own thing. i used a wool hat at first and rubbed the crap out of my head like an hour a day, then a friend of mine who has a sister with dreads (running about 5 years), finished mine up, ripping and twisting. i have 2 wraps, one not so nice, the other is my hair tie.my dreads have hair at the bottom, which looks kind of funky, but it's fine. i wash my hair once a month, bought shampoo even though its a pain in the ass to wash. i read eagles forum about baking soda treatment, and i will try that out! i haven't rolled the dreads, no wax, just letting them do there thing. one of them is huge, and split in two, but thats cool... i think i'm done for the moment, actually.. so does everyones dreads kind of turn white/blonde as they get older? i'm only asking because i have brown hair that was red dyed, so at the bottoms they're like a dingy goldish red color. will they turn white?

updated by @hannah-bebont: 01/13/15 08:31:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dunno bout the color but u mite wanna wash more oftenwelcome ..post some pics!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
Hey there, welcome to the site,what soap were you using btw?not sure about the whiteness, but a few of mine are lighter in color in a few spots, probably from the sun, but I haven't really been outside much since last summer so it's not noticeable, but I have heard it's more frequent on other people's locks, the exposure would have to be more frequent I imagine tho,
hannah bebont
@hannah-bebont
14 years ago
7 posts
it's the dread head hq shampoo.. this guy who helped me out said knotty boy bar soap is good, but i couldnt find it at this shop, got the shampoo instead. wash more often! uggh.. i could try more often, just washed it on the 17th, and waiting til march 17th, just to see if it'll help. how to post more pictures? Iain said:
Hey there, welcome to the site,
what soap were you using btw?
not sure about the whiteness, but a few of mine are lighter in color in a few spots, probably from the sun, but I haven't really been outside much since last summer so it's not noticeable, but I have heard it's more frequent on other people's locks, the exposure would have to be more frequent I imagine tho,
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
weekly oir more is best it dreads most rigt after u washso your slowing tings alot

--
hannah bebont
@hannah-bebont
14 years ago
7 posts
well then today i should probably wash em, they just look so funky a day or two afterwards.. tight sponge type things soaringeagle said:
weekly oir more is best it dreads most rigt after u wash
so your slowing tings alot
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
tey mite get fuzzy but tat just means theyre clean it will get better troug te weekbut te more u was te better they becomedont u ave al;ottas scalp issues? wen i go more ten 2 weeks my scalps a disaster

--
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
hell yeah i also rubbed with wool
hannah bebont
@hannah-bebont
14 years ago
7 posts
my head itches occasionally soaringeagle said:
tey mite get fuzzy but tat just means theyre clean it will get better troug te week
but te more u was te better they become

dont u ave al;ottas scalp issues? wen i go more ten 2 weeks my scalps a disaster
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
mine would drive me insanetry te bakin soida wash tis wek and next and see if you dont wanna wass all tye time..o alswo wen u rince take note of rince water color..i went a moint witot wasing (no running water) and wen i wased it was gross te color of watrer hannah bebont said:
my head itches occasionally

soaringeagle said:
tey mite get fuzzy but tat just means theyre clean it will get better troug te week
but te more u was te better they become

dont u ave al;ottas scalp issues? wen i go more ten 2 weeks my scalps a disaster

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form