Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My big crochet journey ...

Alex Papadopoulos
@alex-papadopoulos
14 years ago
10 posts
Ok so ...i wanted to get dreads since i was like 10 years old ...my only problem was that i dident know anyone who could crochet my hair (i thought that was the only method ) so a few years later my friend started knotting, tangeling and crocheting my hair ... and he kept on failing so my hair actually started falling out ... xD i eventually looked so stupid i had to get a short haircut , i was really pissed at him and myself because i let him do it ...
when my hair finally grew back he got a hand of it because he was trying on everyones hair ... so i let him dread my hair ...and the resulst were 27 extreemly tight dreads that should be really fat but are thin because they are sooo tight , you cant even squeeze them

What can i do to loosen them up ? any ideas ?

updated by @alex-papadopoulos: 01/13/15 08:31:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
crochetting is very very badpeople like to argue that it isnt cause they like the fake looking neatness but theyre arguments never make sence (just like argumenmts suporting wax use)all you can do is never touch a crochet hook again and alow time to take over and make em more naturalit will take months to recover and there will always be damage and weakness but new natural growth will be healty as long as u leave it alonbe to dread on its own

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what i find so funny, and so disturbing at te same time is how many people say stuff like "i crocetted cause i didnt know there was any other way" or "i backcombed cause i thought that was the only way6 to dread"it seems like nobody anyopmore understands that dreads are your hairs natural state and all u need to do to dread is allow it to dread..wax pushers have currupted the whole dread community so much that now so few even knmow what dreads are!!! the idea of making dreads has totaly messed up everyones concepts of dreads so much that they now automaticly assume dreads must be mnanufactured

--
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
ah just saw your picture, least they fit you, was gonna say if they are ridiculously tight you can try lightly conditioning them with something added to your wash routine, or just washing more in general, but you wear them well :)
Alex Papadopoulos
@alex-papadopoulos
14 years ago
10 posts
well i was only like 10 years old .... and how are lots of people suppost to know ? allmost everywhere you search on the internet all it says it wax wax wax and crochet crochet crochet for good nice looking dreadlocks ... its hard to find the truth ...very hard soaringeagle said:
what i find so funny, and so disturbing at te same time is how many people say stuff like "i crocetted cause i didnt know there was any other way" or "i backcombed cause i thought that was the only way6 to dread"
it seems like nobody anyopmore understands that dreads are your hairs natural state and all u need to do to dread is allow it to dread..
wax pushers have currupted the whole dread community so much that now so few even knmow what dreads are!!! the idea of making dreads has totaly messed up everyones concepts of dreads so much that they now automaticly assume dreads must be mnanufactured
Alex Papadopoulos
@alex-papadopoulos
14 years ago
10 posts
i am going to upload some more pics soon ... on the top and on the right side of my head is a big balled spot .... and it really really sucks xD thanks for the advice :) Iain said:
ah just saw your picture, least they fit you, was gonna say if they are ridiculously tight you can try lightly conditioning them with something added to your wash routine, or just washing more in general, but you wear them well :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thats why sites like dhhq and kb should be discredited at every op[urtunity and sites like this need to be exposed to ass many dreadies as possiblewhen you see a dread..especialy a new 1 expecialy a sticky icky waxy one, tell em biut tis site and ow bad most oter sites are..they dominate searces by flooding wit tousands of clone sites like howtodread perfectdreadlocks etc so we cant competre witout resorting to te same scumbag tactics, but we can reach people on te streets..spread te word dread tro dread Alex Papadopoulos said:
well i was only like 10 years old .... and how are lots of people suppost to know ? allmost everywhere you search on the internet all it says it wax wax wax and crochet crochet crochet for good nice looking dreadlocks ... its hard to find the truth ...very hard

soaringeagle said:
what i find so funny, and so disturbing at te same time is how many people say stuff like "i crocetted cause i didnt know there was any other way" or "i backcombed cause i thought that was the only way6 to dread"
it seems like nobody anyopmore understands that dreads are your hairs natural state and all u need to do to dread is allow it to dread..
wax pushers have currupted the whole dread community so much that now so few even knmow what dreads are!!! the idea of making dreads has totaly messed up everyones concepts of dreads so much that they now automaticly assume dreads must be mnanufactured

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form