Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Advice

Greg Slater
@greg-slater
14 years ago
6 posts
Been a while since I've actually posted on here, sorry about that everyone. Anyway since I last looked in I've been washing and trying to de wax was much as I can but ultimately I think the extra weight of at least half of the dreads has damaged the roots to the point I',m not really sure they can be saved.

With that in mind I've already combed a few out and twisted and ripped them back into place, and the first one or two I did a month or two ago seem to be getting on ok so I was wondering if anyone had any advice, particuarly regarding removing them without damaging the hair too much? So any products about that are actually effective and if it would be ok to dread the hair again straight away because my hair isn't really the type to dread on its own. Though I do just intend to it loosely once and leave it in a tam, so does anyone know where to get decent tams in England? Ha sorry for all the questions.
Thanks in advance to anyone and everyone.

updated by @greg-slater: 01/13/15 08:31:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
tams on here but seem to be sold out soi message sandandskywax and dread removal..soak em in conditioners or olive oil overnite ten comb just te tipse 1/8 inc at a time very carefully and resoak wit conditioner/oil oftenbe gentle as can be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
yup i would recommend getting a custom one to make fit your head and adjusted for the length of your hair + color + material , etc etc etcalsoetsy.com has lots of tams and you can get custom orders there too from people just message the makers Rama Varma said:
Illumiknotty has a friend who makes tams.
Greg Slater
@greg-slater
14 years ago
6 posts
Hey thanks very much for the advice everyone, about halfway through combing out now and the baby locks already feel happier I'd say, and found a UK custom hat maker from the etsy site and got my hat so again thanks very much. IllumiKnotty said:
yup i would recommend getting a custom one to make fit your head and adjusted for the length of your hair + color + material , etc etc etc

also

etsy.com has lots of tams and you can get custom orders there too from people just message the makers

Rama Varma said:
Illumiknotty has a friend who makes tams.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form