Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Getting discouraged. Hair too short?

zetofox
@zetofox
9 years ago
4 posts
im 1week in to my journey and already wanting to quit. My hair is past my ears, about 5 inches, and I don't know if it's worth it to keep going or to quit and try again in a couple of months when my hair is longer.
Another thing is that with shorter curly hair, my unbrushed hair stands up on end on the top and I've got the sideshow bob going. I am very self conscious of myself and of what other people think. Do you guys have any advice how to get over this? I know it's probably the hardest part starting out
image.jpg
image.jpg  •  1.5MB

updated by @zetofox: 08/11/15 04:28:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

well you made alot of progress in just a week

its going to stand up and look wild awhile

this is really where you build charachter  become stronger and learn the lessons they teach you

so let go of that self councousness and  have a good laugh at how crazzy you look and  find humor in the odd stares and funnylooks you get

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sweet,
@sweet
9 years ago
133 posts

What helped me was i have alot of carding wool, all colours and natural brown too, you could felt up some dread extensions from wool and have someone or yourself cris cross stitch them onto sections of your hair. Just take the size sections you want for your dreads and do a little back combing and attach the made up dreads, even if it only to weigh your hair down, they can come out later. I know this helped me so much when i started out.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

hes only a week in in 2 more weeks it wilkl look completely diferent i wouldnt mess with it at all its doing what it should be doing andf rather fast for suchshort hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amanda Clouse
@amanda-clouse
9 years ago
53 posts

I started with 5 inches on top and only 3 inches on the sides and back. It's worth just being patient! Don't worry about messy hair, its part of the process at all lengths! Messy hair is awesome!

AZDreads
@azdreads
9 years ago
5 posts

The Mess is good, 

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form