Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Keep up the good work everyone!

Flicker Wings
@flicker-wings
14 years ago
20 posts
Hellllllo beautiful people. I contemplated dreads sing for so long, I stopped using conditioner, I T&R some sections in my hair which I later combed out. I have kind of lost track of time since I started all of this sometime in December. I have stopped brushing, and then combed everything out twice. But, after visiting this site practically every time Im on the computer I was encouraged to stop brushing and just go all natural! I think I am around 3 weeks when I finally stopped touching my hair with anything other then some soap and water, which is no time at all, and I only have some few dread babies-which I am very proud of.

AND, just like everyone else on here-Im sure your dread journey has not been easy! I had so much trouble with oily hair, which I just recently got under control. I was tempted to just brush all my progress out and backcomb my curly fro so I would at least have hair that resembled dreads. I was jealous of my friends hair which just recently and unintentionally started dreading because he just was too lazy to do anything to it. There have been sooo many times where I just wanted to give up!

But, I havent, and I am really proud of myself.

I wanted to make a post because honestly, if it wasnt for logging on to Dread Locks Site, I would have combed out my hair. Every time I log on, I am able to accept that my hair doesnt just instantly lock over night. I am able to accept that my hair has been naturally curly and untamable all my life, and to accept the strange sectioned afro I wake up with. I am able to accept that my hair is locking from the tips-unlike my friend Lucas- who has formed at the roots-but thats okay because each dread journey is different. I am able to accept that a lot of things I was doing has hindered the locking process and learn the correct way to do things. I am learning patients- which was something I really never had, and am being rewarded every morning when my hair is one step closer to becoming complete locks.

So I wanted to thank everyone on here, who I may not have spoken to personally, but know that I have read a lot of discussions and am thankful for all your dready knowledge. Everyone on he has such a beautiful soul and are so encouraging.

And I also wanted to let anybody out there who is thinking about or starting on their dread journey that you can learn so much from this site and that you can find so much encouragement from the members on this site. Also, dont give up! I know I wanted too!

I also wanted to hear how anybody else overcame any speed bumps on their dread journey!

updated by @flicker-wings: 01/13/15 08:31:15PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
so glad you were helped here and are dreading up so nicelyi hope youy post pictures and updates often\we are always here to support you :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
That's beautiful to read,The first 5months for me were the hardest, i even remember looking at my pictures and thinking to myself idk how I made it (I also had alot of wax in mine) through those months, but I'm glad I did,good luck, stick with it and it wil feel rewarding :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form