dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A bit worried

Maela
@maela
9 years ago
16 posts

Hi,

my scalp is itchy and it hurts.  I'm just scared that the loctician made it to tight. I had nightmares that I was going bald because my dreads were made to tight. I didn't know anything about having healthy dreads before I came here.  I joined picture of my scalp from up close and a picture of one dread were we see the place were the loctician made it tight. We can see he used a crochet. I'm scared the hair are too toght in there.  I used coconut oil mixed with water yesterday and I think it help my haire get loosen.  I manage to popp some hair from the root to free them so they can start dread naturally. I don't know if should do that or just let my hair be.

Could anyone give advise please.

Thanks

20150724_093830[1].jpg

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

ive seen tighter, was your hair thin already or has it thinned a lil since that abuse

ifthats a rubber band on it, take it off!

how often are you washijng and with what

are yiu using hot or cold watrer

dreads often itch early on as your scalp gets used to less stimulation, but the tight roots can cause bloodflow issues

yours do not look tight enough to cause worry of balding..balding takes tightening over and over and over month after month

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Maela
@maela
9 years ago
16 posts

Thank the quick reply.  I have put some picture of my scalp in my profite gallery.  

No it is not a rubber band put it feels like one. It's like he made lot of knots there to make it thigher. It worries me a bit.  I don't know how to loosen that up.  I had naturally thin hair. The dreads did not get thiner i'm pretty sure. 

I wash every 2-3 days with a natural shapoo without chemicals. I used the coconut oil and water 1 time yesterday. It make my hair oily and it feels dirty.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

yea u might have used a liol too much but it will be good to help  loosenthe  tight spots,

what shampoo though not all natural shampoos are good for dreads

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

by the way, next to the smily buttons anb embed media bhutton  u dont have to attach just 1 image, you can embed many into a post

--
Maela
@maela
9 years ago
16 posts

I don't know the name of the shampoo. I feel it up at a bio store were you can fill you shampoo bottle. It says it as no phytate and parabens.  i will take a picture of the ingredients ans show you later. Not at home now.

thank for the tips, ididn't get how to post images ;)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

dr bronners as far as i know is the only soap that  alows you to refil the bottles that way

its not technicaly a shampoo but an all purpose soap, as such its super concentrated and meant to be diluted for diferent uses

for shampoo thats 12 times more water then soap

but because its a "superfatted' pure soap, if you have hard water it will leave bad residues, in soft water its great

--
Maela
@maela
9 years ago
16 posts

oh ok I'll see if they have other shampoo at the store. I think they have the lush bar. I'll buy that.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

not all lush bars are natural or dread safe in fact thepresident of lush wrote us saying that none were technicaly dread safe however  there were a couple he thought might be better then others

read around on here wich lush bars people have used

some do use them, but they arent  nall safe

www.dreadlockshampoo.com is the most highly recomended

but since its hand crafted in small batches and not mass produced shippings an issue overseas  but its flat rate, so yiu can get 4-6 items for same shipping cost

--
Maela
@maela
9 years ago
16 posts

I will look into that.

Cheers and thank you so much for caring. It's very appreciated :)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form