Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new sites ready for early resting

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

theres still plenty that needs to be done and a few things are ugly anbd need cleaning up after upgrading to fix the bugs

its not yet configured right so theres every type shop and option available turned on on every profile

in a few days ill have it set up so u can choose the type profile u want with a shop or not

login using this sites login

play around with it

test everything on every device you have available

theres alotta finishing up to do

but we are on track towards having it ready for move in within just weeks

note shops cant be setup as love till we move the domain

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 10:06:15PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

due to some updates a couple things no longer aree working right until the 1 guy gets back from india to fix them

we joked that he;ll be hanging with the sadhus and we wont see him again till his jatta reach the floor but considering hes bald it might be a while..joking but he should be back next week to fix that maybe sooner

but in the meantime finaly got a good archive

i will be doing a fresh archive pretty much daily and then a import or as often as i can cause its amazing how much contents dded in just a week it takes days to upload then import

but if i try to do it as often as possibly that time should be cut down

that way the final move will go smooth we will transfer the name servers and as soon as im certain that everyones seeing the new site not old ill do a final archive and import and were good

the media (music and vid) conversion process seems to be taking the longest the 1st batch still wont be done for 2 more days

anyway just letting ya know that its open for testing u login with same details except i think username instead of email..try both

when we launch a mass password reset email will be sent out

when testing be aware there are a number of broken links till we get that sorted out

and we will need a crew to find pages here then there put them where they belong (simple drop downb interface no coding or moving files) as well as finding all featured content here and marking it featured there

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts
Litle delay in finishing the site.. My pc is dead hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow cause if not it won't be till next week!There's still a ton of work I need to do on itAnd when I'm back I would love any help nyones wiling to givePc dying couldn't have happened at a worsetme!

--
Amanda Clouse
@amanda-clouse
10 years ago
53 posts

What kind of help do you need currently with the new site?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

well alot honestly

a hell of alotta testing but i will need a few dedicated permenant admins who are willing to learn the new system wetherthat just means how to work the back end stuff or if ambitios enough who can try to learn the coding system and help develop new modules etc

i'll also need a few who are just willing to check inand approve stuff that needds aproval as a spam and quality control measure im thinking of having a 'new members ' and 'new shops' quotas that require approval for certain things like blog posts and products added to shops (so we can make sure none are selling waxes and crochet hooks and other damaging things)

i need 1 or 2 ppl with any sort of web development know how even if its not working with this specific type thing who are willing to just wsatch some video tutorials and stuff like that so we can kinda wortk on it as a team approach

and 1 big thing is we will need several ppl to go tjhrough the pagess and assign them where they belong and the other thing is everything from here thats featured (with the exception of a couple obsolete announcement type things) needs to be found and marked featured on the new site

and the 2 biggest projects

1 developing a "shops page" that has a feattured shops slider a list of shops by category a list of "recently ;urchasded' recently vieweerd recentkly added amost popular and a random products list just to give multiple avcenues of exposure so every shops products get to be seen on the page

and 2 we will need to develop our own chat theres 3rd party ones we could use but i think if we develop ourown it would be alot better

right now im swamped wikth just redesigning keeping up with updates and bug fixes importing data etcv theres alot of configuring and tweaking that needs to be done and sure would help to have a team to work on it together... and that can learn thesystem together too and help one another

i had 2 ppl with alot of skill offer to do it all ..both vanished the next day and have been unreachable since

so im really hoping that at least a couple ppl can help out even if they arent techy geniuses but at least are willing to try to figure it out together

ill have a new update tomorow after all theere were msany many many improvements and upgrades while my pc was down and as soon as i catch up and see where things are at now ill be able to update ya on what reallyneeds doing next

--
Amanda Clouse
@amanda-clouse
10 years ago
53 posts

I have no skill with web pages or anything, but I have some free time currently. Once Feb-March rolls around, I won't be as much of a help because I have another little one on the way. I can't be on my computer a LOT because I take care of my 20 month old, but I am home almost all of the time, so I can pop on my computer here and there throughout the day.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

later tonight ill need someone to asdd a whole bunch of kmusic and a couple vids ..bigger vids

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

actually nevermind just found out that because there were so many changes over the pasty week i will need to wipe all the data and re-import everythinmg from scratch wich will take several days

but once thats done almost everything should be working properly

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form