Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dr. Bronners leaves a residue in my hair no matter how long i rinse

IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
i took a shower and i diluted dr bronners organic castile soap peppermint (the way i normally do, the correct way) and no matter how long i rinsed i still felt this "slimy / oily" in my hair

and i only washed the scalp, not the "dread" part

has anyone else had the same reaction to it?

(from then on i started washing my hair with baking soda and now its business as usual.)

updated by @illumiknotty: 02/14/15 10:31:01AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ard water (or is it soft?) causes tat..any true soap will do tat detergents rince better, if you add borax to broinners it will fix tattry rincing wit spring water just to be sure but im sure its te warters fault

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
i dont know how to determine if the water is hard or softand i live in the middle of the city so spring water is hard to find cuz i dont drivewhat is borax?next time i wash i will try to add baking soda onto my hair when i wash with bronners to see if that helps soaringeagle said:
ard water (or is it soft?) causes tat..any true soap will do tat detergents rince better, if you add borax to broinners it will fix tat

try rincing wit spring water just to be sure but im sure its te warters fault
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borax and i meant buy a gallon or 5 gallon ting of spring watrer or distilled water just to testy IllumiKnotty said:
i dont know how to determine if the water is hard or soft

and i live in the middle of the city so spring water is hard to find cuz i dont drive

what is borax?

next time i wash i will try to add baking soda onto my hair when i wash with bronners to see if that helps

soaringeagle said:
ard water (or is it soft?) causes tat..any true soap will do tat detergents rince better, if you add borax to broinners it will fix tat

try rincing wit spring water just to be sure but im sure its te warters fault

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
K E A Z
@k-e-a-z
14 years ago
58 posts
i had that goopy oily crap also i stoped using dr bonners i just use acv nowdays
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
where do you get borax?
Flicker Wings
@flicker-wings
14 years ago
20 posts
most stores carry it. It's in with the laundry stuff.I also had the weird residue from Bronners. I live in Florida which is known for having very good water-in fact drinking from my sink is a lot cleaner then drinking water from a water bottle. I think some hair just doesn't accept Dr. Bronner's as well.I just switched to Dr. Bonner's peppermint bar soap and it's worked pretty well. But I still occasionally get the weird oily feeling, no matter what I use (like Bronners baking soda regular shampoo) IllumiKnotty said:
where do you get borax?
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
3 tablespoons of vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of water used as a rinse after shampooing should remove all traces of oilyness. Roxanne has been researching this because she has the same problem with Dr. Bonners
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
okay thanks! does it matter what kind of vinegar?
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
We use apple cider vinegar but any will work IllumiKnotty said:
okay thanks! does it matter what kind of vinegar?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form