Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

straight loose hairs

sunshower
@sunshower
10 years ago
1 posts

hello evryone I've had my dreadies for a little over two years now.I back combed them when I first started and let them do there things for the most part since then. I was using a tool from dread head HQ for small loose hairs. I was wondering if this is way I have so many straight loose hairs all around the base of my dreads ( I'm figureing its just natural though). This tool worked before fine but I've been trying to go the natural route except my work isn't to thrilled with it. I'm wondering what I can do to get these in as naturally as possible.

updated by @sunshower: 01/13/15 10:03:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

your work cant complain about it if you explain to them the law as well as why its so unhealthy to force tighten those

most likely the tool broke plenty of hairs but its also natural to have many around the dreads from separating once they get long enough they dread

2 things u can try to encourage them 1 the lockin ip liquid if u use the bar or anything else just using the lockin up liquid for a week will get that dreading up or the pink sea salt

next make a statemewmnt like this to your bosses

hi i undserstand that your not happy with the loose hairs around my dreads well i wanted to explain a few facts about dreads

1st and foremost is dreads are loose hair alowed to dread so trhere always will..or should be loose hairs that wuill dread once long enough

2ndly you should know that people who go to salons for constant maintenance often end up bald as a result fircing the roots to be too tight causes traction alopecia and balding, the very fact that they have n0o loose hairs between dreads is proof of the fact thewy are balding as a result

and finaly you should be aware of the law since dreadlocks are both religios and spiritual, and a part of most belief systems ..and the fact that religiosly worn dreads are left to be natural and not maintained its a violation of amendment rights to request anything be done to maintain them

i just wanted to open a dialogue and explain the downflls of dreads with no loose hairs so you understand the issues and why i am unwilling to compromise the health of my dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form