Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

YearningForPeace's Dread Journey

YearningForPeace
@yearningforpeace
10 years ago
8 posts

Heya fellow dread cats. It's been so long since I've posted anything. I started my dread journey back in April of 2013 with the twist and rip method. A month later I decided I had too few dreads (only 30 something) and delicately pulled them apart. I put my dreads back in May, if I recall correctly, for a total of 60 some. Twist and rip method again. It's almost a year now and my dreads are coming along nicely. I have a few concerns per my own doing, but generally speaking all is well in dreadville. I fully understand now that I MUST put down the bleach and step away from the developer. At least for my dreads. My bang fringe will forever be bleach blonde because I love the look of spunky colors. Here's my journey thus far...

Before dreads. I loved the 'mermaid' look.

The first set of dreads started April of 2013 showed a lot of scalp and lasted almost a month. I wasn't a fan. Proceed to the next and final set. This photo was taken days after twisting and ripping my new set in May.

Fast forward to July, here are my dreads at 2 months. Don't mind the baby. I was a labor doula for a friend and this was outcome, the baby :)

And here are my dreads in September. 4 months.

5 months...

And here we have December of 2013. 7 months.

Finally, February of 2014. 9 months and counting!!

There you have it. I'm at 9 months and inching ever so closely to that one year mark.

Thanks for reading!

updated by @yearningforpeace: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

the 1st pic the hair color really makes your eyes sparkle

your dreads are coming along awesomely

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags