dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Dreadlock Journey

SnowMonk3y
@snowmonk3y
10 years ago
17 posts

Hello All,

So im new to this site I just signed up though ive been on it for about 6 months. I have just started my dread journey for New Years yay! It is my new years resolution to start my journey. Luckily for now atleast we will see Monday I have a job where I can have whatever hair style I want. I have been growing my hair about 6 months or so and it is just shy of 4 inches. My method is free form and the only products I use are a anti dandruff shampoo and a vitamin E oil for a moisturizer. I do wash between 1-3 times a week. I dont have a set washing schedule just when I feel it getting to dirty or I pick up to much lint (I honestly thought ppl exagerated lint being picked up wow I was wrong.) I am wondering though how long it took other ppl's hair to actually lock. Also I have been doing alot of research and half the people say shampoo other half says no shampoo what is everyone's thoughs on it. Me personally I have never had any problem with it thus far. Also if anyone knows some youtubers with free form dreads I can follow especially people with hair of african descent like mine would be great. I really have not seen many of those or free form in general. By free form I mean start to finish no manipulation aside from seperating to prevent congos. I have no problem with the tons of semi free formers I see but it is not for me personally. But yeah if anyone could help me with that would be great I only have one friend who had free form locks. His information is great though as he had them when he lived in Liberia so I am atleast familiar with the orginal process used in African Hair types. Also I posted pics yay I feel as if there starting to look like dreads please comment let me know if it looks like my dreads are progressing as they should. More pics coming soon I have a fancy phone im dying to use :)

updated by @snowmonk3y: 01/13/15 10:01:16PM
SnowMonk3y
@snowmonk3y
10 years ago
17 posts

Here are the rest of my pics.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

looking good so far theres a ton of freeformers on here check out trina sanders and hummingbirdlovegorrila

hummingbirds hatsdontfit on youtube i think

hes total freeform no separation so they are wild

oh i wouldnt use dandruf shampoo 8 out of the 10 most toxic shampoos are dandruf shampoos and they condition and build up too much

tetreew and rosemary are all natural dandruf remedies

www.dreadlockshampoo.com bars (the teatree rosemary or patchouli) are excelent for dandruff and u may not need the vitamin e after using them either

wether u use sampoo or not u still gotta wash with something typicaly baking soda and acv..the advantage is its a no touch method disadvantage your hair will be healthier and stronger with the dreadlockshampoo

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SnowMonk3y
@snowmonk3y
10 years ago
17 posts

Ty

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form