Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New to dreading

Evan3
@evan3
11 years ago
3 posts

I'm new to this site and to the dreading process.

I love dreads, and want them. I've read and clicked and watched videos all over the internet in attempt to find out the best way for me to get them. I like the organic look and experience of the natural method. From my extensive reads and browsing online from google search to various website, I decided I want to try to let mine form and grow naturally.

Here is my dilemma:

I have thick, straight, oily hair. I read that all types of hair can form dreads, some taking longer than others. I read that you have to use an anti-residue shampoo to accomplish this. I picked up some of the Neutrogena Anti-Residue shampoo for about $5 at a local Walmart and started to wash. I play with my hair a lot. I run my hands through my hair and twist it out of boredom, which I've read isn't good if you're attempting to dread.

I guess what I'm wanting to find out is can my hair dread? What products should I use? Specific shampoos or soap? I've been washing with this shampoo on a daily basis for about a month because I read you must have good clean hair for dreads to begin forming. I also never brush my hair. I wear ballcaps and adjustable hats frequently and also wear beanies.

I have some tangles that are forming and on the back of my head what looks to be a little dreadlet forming in the middle of the hair. (It isn't tangling or forming at the roots or tips)

Can anyone give me any advice? I want to start immediately.

Thanks!

Evan

updated by @evan3: 01/13/15 10:00:52PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

dont use thast thats anyoi not non residue and is extremely toxic only safe to be used 4 or 6 times a year! your already wayu over that

the info on the bottle say s only ise it monthly (wich is too mychu)

www.dreadlockshampoo.com is best

lso dont wash every day thats why its so oily wash with only baking soda for the next 2 weeks or longer every 2 then 3 then 4 days tikl your less oily

stop playing with it wash then air dr

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form