Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dry brittle hair

Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts
Back in octoberish I started using jojoba oil and aloe Vera to moisturize my dry brittle hair. Used them maybe 3 or 4 times since and seems to be drying my hair out even more. I have noticed more of my dreads just hanging on by a few strands and 3 broke completely of at the roots. With the colder weather also playing a factor with the problem I'm now beginning to think about shaving my head after 2yrs natural. I don't know why my hair doesn't want the moisture. It's like repelling it or something! Any suggestions?
updated by @doogie: 01/13/15 10:00:19PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

if your washing with baking soda switch to dreadlockshampoo.com immediately

im assuming thats your problem

in fact i almost guarantee your washing with baking soda

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts
No bs cause of hard water. No sea salt for several months. Been using bucks county now for over a year and a half now.
Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts
And I never use a hair dryer and never towel dry. Always drip and air dry.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

liquid or bar the liquids got sea salt in it if your using the liquid time to switch to the bar

was it ever bleached?

--
Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts
I use both but liquid like twice a month. Never bleached!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the bars should keep it healthy but try this every so often as needed 1/2 a dropper full of jojoba in 10 cups water pour on wait several min then only 1/2 rinse just to spread it around not rinse out completely

if you use aloe make sire theres nothing added only pure aloe no other ingredients some aloe has alcohol or preservatives that can dry it out

try using only the bars not liquid for awhile

also maybe do an acv rinse today maybe the ph is off?

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form