Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

T&R + Natural?

Rain Gnome
@rain-gnome
11 years ago
19 posts

Okay so for a few reasons I have chosen to do t&r and then kind of let them do their own thing from there. I don't feel that all natural is an option for me.

Here is my issue: They are fresh, just starting them, but they look like twists. Of course they do because of the method but does the twisty-ness go away over time? Eventually they will become more dread-like?

I really wanted to try this method first. If it fails then I comb them out, simple enough. I just don't want to look like I tried twisting my hair for fun but sucked really bad at it...if that makes sense.

updated by @rain-gnome: 01/13/15 09:59:24PM
Rain Gnome
@rain-gnome
11 years ago
19 posts

Here is where I'm at now. I don't have it all done (that's why there's just a mess at the back of my head) and I won't be doing my bangs at all. Comments? Am I doing something wrong? Does this look about right for the method?

Rain Gnome
@rain-gnome
11 years ago
19 posts

Nevermind. I'm taking most of the ones I did shown in the picture out and restarting. I need some more practice. Some are turning out better as I go along.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i dont see a picture

but natural is an option for everyone

the trick to tnr is randomization

twist once then split pull put together split in a completely diferent spot pull put together split in a random spiot pull (random as in 1 pull have 90% in 1 hand 10 the other next 60-40 nect 75-25 etc never even splits rndom random random and retwist randomly like every 10 to 15 rips or so

the more random the better it will look

but

u might as well go natural

lets ee the missing pics

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rain Gnome
@rain-gnome
11 years ago
19 posts

I actually cannot do the natural method because of my job. I can get away with having some dreads but not a full head. I'd love to do a full head and that is my eventual goal. Right now though I don't think that is going to be an option. That's why I had to choose the least damaging method and go with that. It allows for choosing the sections that I'll put a dread. But I'm not sure I'm liking the twisty look. I'll just have to leave them in for a couple months and see what happens.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form