Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey Everyone!

Rain Gnome
@rain-gnome
11 years ago
19 posts

Well, I'm here because I'm finally starting this process after wanting dreads for 6+ years! I'm now at a point that I feel like it is the right thing for me to do. By starting this process I mean searching for information and what method will be best for me. I have pretty fine hair but lots of it. Currently my hair is shorter than I would like it to be before starting, just at my shoulders...it used to be down to my hips...still wishing I never cut it. But that's another story. My hair does grow incredibly fast though so hopefully in the 3-6 months I will actually get started. I'm excited to see how this will go. So far what I'm seeing here is very encouraging but has brought up so many questions too. I've already learned a lot just in one night of browsing the site.

Anyways, that's all for now!

updated by @rain-gnome: 02/14/15 06:37:32AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome

longer hair dreads faster but shrinks more too hip length hair can shrink to above the shoulders while shoulder length hair might shrink just an inch or 2

so start today

since u waited and wanted so long id recommend natural dreads..just toss the comb and your on the way

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rain Gnome
@rain-gnome
11 years ago
19 posts

Hmm, that's very interesting and good to know it won't shorten as much now. You know, after I posted that I thought "no way am I waiting that long. I'll be seeing all these gorgeous pictures and decide I'm just done waiting." I guess I'm kind of concerned with it being too short and I don't particularly like the way I look with chin length hair so I don't want it to shorten to my chin. Yeah...I'm probably over-thinking this.

Prior to finding this site I hadn't heard much about natural dreads. I am pretty interested in the method. Of course I have fears of it looking terrible on me or just not turning out right, if that's even possible.

I am curious to see what others have to say about how theirs turned out with having fine hair.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

1 sec ill find ya examples

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/and-it-begins-a-timeline-neglect-method-fine-hair

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/fine-thin-hair-locks

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/straight-fine-hair-to-natural

theres so many more but ..like 600 or more and finding the 1's worth looking at sux so id look at heathers and ixchels and ..um in featured discussions theres 1 or 2 about fine hair dreading fast

theres many many on here with fine hair dreading fine naturally

--
Rain Gnome
@rain-gnome
11 years ago
19 posts

That would be awesome! Thanks!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

she started with fine hair naturally

Find more photos like this on dreadlocks forums

--
Rain Gnome
@rain-gnome
11 years ago
19 posts

Awesome. Thank you. It's getting late so I'll have to read through what you've posted tomorrow.

Rain Gnome
@rain-gnome
11 years ago
19 posts

Well, I've decided to just go for it! I'm so excited. =]

Nicole Schaefer
@nicole-schaefer
11 years ago
70 posts

Yayyy! I'm glad u found this site. It has so much info and an abundance of friendly and encouraging folks =) Be sure to post pics and update when ya can. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we'd love to see your journey.

Also, just a side note from my own experience, going natural/neglect is SO rewarding and just plain out fun! It takes some patience, but it's such an awesome feeling to just let go, and see what'll happen. I always liked to have control over everything in my life, but ever since letting my hair do its thing, I've learned some things in life are better left untouched ;-)

Feel free to ask anything you may be wondering about going all natural!

I am so excited for you! Hehe <3 Love & light to ya!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form