Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

before my retwist

Oh Riza
@oh-riza
11 years ago
3 posts

im a straight beginner , iUsed wax to lock my hair up the first time iDo have coarse and kinky hair , whitch iShiuldnt have done but did it anyways unfortunately . Before iRetwist next week should iDo the stocking cap method and wash my hair before iTwist with the anti resude nutruegena shampoo ? and retwist with cantu shea buttew twist and loc gel or just straight retwist it with the shea butter without washing my hair . only want to hear those only options please & thank you .

updated by @oh-riza: 01/13/15 09:59:15PM
Nicole Schaefer
@nicole-schaefer
11 years ago
70 posts

You really should not re-twist your hair.

You've already done damage by putting wax in it, you don't want to cause any more damage by re twisiting. And if you don't think it'll do damage just look at this video.

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/twisting-dreads

All hair types can dread all on their own just by leaving the hair alone. Many people are led to believe that locs need constant mantainence, which is completely untrue. Its also widely accepted that locs should be "neat looking" however the methods used to make dreads this way are extremely harmful.

Look at this womens locs, completely natural.

they are beautiful and do not have a manufactured unnatural look. These are the way dreads are supposed to look. These are the way dreadlocks have been formed since the beginning of time (well before salons came about)

All salons want is your money. WHy would you want to spend money on something that will only cause damage and that can be done just by leaving your hair alone? Going neglect is cost free and way more fulfilling.

Please consider this before wasting time and money and also damaging your hair.

Nicole Schaefer
@nicole-schaefer
11 years ago
70 posts

By the way, I in no way mean to sound rude or anything. I just want to help people realize dreads should be natural... I want to help save dreads. That's all. I'm not judging in any way shape or form. So please do not think I'm attacking you.

I hope helped in some way

peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

dont retwist at all ever

retwisting pulls the roots in too tight

pulling hair from scalp destroying the bloodflow to the follicle over time traction alopecia develops and slow but sure balding go to featured vids watch the twisting dangers vid

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form