Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is it okay if I trim?

gualapa
@gualapa
11 years ago
1 posts

I'm 8 months in neglect and my hair's gotten really long since I cut it right before starting (cut it to just above my shoulders). now it's grown about to 5-6 inches past my shoulders-my hair grows really fast (about 8 inches a year).

I was wondering if it'd be okay to cut it back to my shoulders without combing my hair or anything, just do it while it's wet. I haven't had much progress but I'm sticking to it no matter what-I just rather it'd be not so long just yet. Would this be detrimental to my dreading process? I don't think it'd set me back since not much has happened yet, just getting messier :P even tho the norm is the longer it is the fast it dreads, I feel my hair dreaded faster my first time around because it was more wavy-now that it's longer the weights pulled the waves out straighter.

If it is really detrimental to the process then say no more. I'd just much rather have my hair at shoulder length again for a little while before my hair grows back as fast it does and dreads, otherwise my hair's going to be supper long.

updated by @gualapa: 01/13/15 09:58:53PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

id leave it you need a min of 6 inches to dread naturally shoulders arent much past that

and once it dreads its gonna shrink anyways

and besides that when dreaded you'll probly want em to grow super long anyway

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

my beards i think to my knees

nah not quite.gettin there though

you say new growth is? undreaded?

are you cutting the dreads themselves?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

I've pondered about this a little bit.. The only reason I would cut it would probably be to donate it, if I could?, to Locks of Love or a similar charity. I mean it says "locs" C; why Wouldnt someone who needs hair want my dreads? Following this thred. :) PEace and blessings

CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

Still curious about others opinions on this.. >_>

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form