Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads too thin

Renee Stewart
@renee-stewart
11 years ago
19 posts

One other question I meant to ask. I like the look of thinner dreadlocks, and went with dreading them in the sections they naturally separated into. In all, some of my dreads have ended up way too thin! I want to combine some of them. What would be the best way to do this? They are so loose right now, I think I could just twist and rip them together from this point if I wanted to. Or, should I comb them out completely and start them over? (just the ones I want to combine).

Also, what is wrong with using other all-natural bar soaps as a shampoo for dreads? It seems that only baking soda with ACV or the dreadlock shampoo bars are ever recommended. Just curious! Thank you!

updated by @renee-stewart: 01/13/15 09:58:12PM
Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts
Don't twist them! If u want to have 2 mate then take 2 that are close together and throw a bead on them for about a month.
Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts
All natural bar soaps are not all dread friendly and will leave tons of residue in ur dreads.BS and ACV is a no touch wash but doesn't work well if u have hard water. I love the liquid shampoo from www.dreadlockshampoo.com but its pricey. That's the only thing I don't like about it is the cost! Their bars are better for mature dreads from what I hear.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

they will thicken up just leave em be ..bar soaps for bodies are conditioning and full of residues

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Renee Stewart
@renee-stewart
11 years ago
19 posts

Thank you so much guys! I appreciate the responses. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. My fear is they will just keep falling apart . . .they already look much more 'undefined.' Combined with their thinness, I look like a weirdo who just didn't comb her hair lately! I did like a comment you made somewhere, soaring eagle, to just "forget you have hair." Easier said than done, unfortunately! Thanks again.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form