Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Paranoid about my husband's pomade getting on my dreads.

Puddinbites
@puddinbites
11 years ago
6 posts

Okay well, I haven't had any problems with it but I get kinda worried about the pomade that my husband uses being on our pillows, furniture, and when his hair and beard touch my hair. He slicks back his long hair into a braid with it for work and also uses it to make his mustache stiff and beard straight. Is there a more dread friendly alternative that would work for his needs but I wouldn't have to scared of or is just the ION brand (at least this one didn't have SLS or beeswax like alot of them I looked at) he uses fine and I'm just paranoid?

updated by @puddinbites: 01/13/15 09:57:59PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

karma magic locking gel from www.dreadlockshampoo.com

or could he just stop using anything

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Puddinbites
@puddinbites
11 years ago
6 posts

I know this is kinda meant to take the place of wax for people who want to use something to get the hair to stick together and pomade is wax so this should probably work, does it have thick waxy consistency like pomade or is it more like hair gel?

And do you think I need to do anything to my hair to make sure none is in there? I've been being pretty careful to change pillowcases often etc so I don't think I've been exposed to it much. And it would probably slow down dreading if it was in there and things seem to going pretty fast, I just want to cautious.

soaring eagle said:

karma magic locking gel from www.dreadlockshampoo.com

or could he just stop using anything

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

its probly ok and the gels a gel and a special gel in fact after applying it you dont even have to rinse your hands

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Puddinbites
@puddinbites
11 years ago
6 posts

Thanks SE I'm going to order him some of that. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form