dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

About to dread naturally

nnnnnn6969696996969
@alotofpeopleeverywhere
11 years ago
4 posts

Hoi (hi in dutch)

I'm Ciske from the Netherlands. I like drawing, reading, playing pokemon and crochet (with wool, not with hair). My hairtype is very volumious and wavy. I'm half Indonesian (not sure if that has anything to say about my hairtype).

My interest in locks started 2 years ago. Out of nothing I asked myself how dreadlocks get made, and after watching a ton of videos I decided I wanted dreads. After a lot of discouraging google results that told me that getting dreadlocks can make you bald and that it costs a fortune to do, I stopped my dreams, and decided to cut my hair (which was about 13 inch long at the moment).

After a couple of months, I discovered the circle jerks with frontman Keith Morris. I was blown away by his dreadlocks and I immediately founf new interest in them. But the strange thing I discovered was that his dreads looked very uneven and were different in size. And after a quick google I came at this beloved site.

Here I finally discovered the neglect method. From then on I decided one day to start neglecting.

So at the moment my hair is about 8 inches long and 15 September 2013 I officially started locking.

So that was my very emotional/utterly bad/cringeworthy story. But another reason why I've started this message is because I have some questions:

1. I don't have dreadlockssoap or baking soda, and it will take a long time before I can get some. Is there any quick alternative?

2. Does a beanie/hat speed up or slow down the locking process?

3. When do I have to start with interlocking? (taking them apart)

Thanks in regards

~Ciske

updated by @alotofpeopleeverywhere: 01/13/15 09:57:55PM
nnnnnn6969696996969
@alotofpeopleeverywhere
11 years ago
4 posts

Oh damn, I loved my own thread. I guess I'm a loner now!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

hahas whoops

its very rare a thread gets overlooked ..this might be the 1st

1 baking soda is bicarbonate soda or just bicarbonate or bicarn there uts in every food store its probly in your kitchen now

2 a loose wool tam can help a beannie or tighter hat hurts...alot3 interlocking means root flipping,.you necver ever want to interlock but i thino you mean seperate

as soon as it needs it when a section forms too big..or 2 dreads try to combine into 1

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
nnnnnn6969696996969
@alotofpeopleeverywhere
11 years ago
4 posts

Hey soaring, thanks for the reply!

1.Never really thought about that. Goin' to look forit now!

2. Exactly.I used a beanie, but I can'twear it longer than 2 hours before my earsstart to hurt. And yes, I meant separating!I couldn't find the word at the moment.

soaring eagle said:

hahas whoops

its very rare a thread gets overlooked ..this might be the 1st

1 baking soda is bicarbonate soda or just bicarbonate or bicarn there uts in every food store its probly in your kitchen now

2 a loose wool tam can help a beannie or tighter hat hurts...alot3 interlocking means root flipping,.you necver ever want to interlock but i thino you mean seperate

as soon as it needs it when a section forms too big..or 2 dreads try to combine into 1

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form