Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ellipsen's newbie journey

Ellipsen
@ellipsen
11 years ago
1 posts

I've wanted dreads for a good couple of years now, but not been brave enough to go for it. Masses of life changes in the last few years, and I've been emerging as the me I've always wanted to be, a few new tatts, piercings, and dyed hair, and I'm closer but that final bit was missing. I'm a single mum now so arranged with another member from here (Gingernut) that she would section my hair and start off my dreads at a big camp/festival we were both going to.

We managed to get it all sectioned there, and I braided all the sections when I got back, to dread over time as and when I had some - I have ME as well, and found it quite tiring so it took a good 10 days for me to add to the 9 Gingernut had started me off with.

That was mid August, this is before (I love this picture though probably the last time I will have my little boy sleeping on me - he's just turned 4)

working on them

And today

I'm trying to embrace it!

updated by @ellipsen: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Pink dreads, so awesome! Well hey, enjoy the journey. It can be a bumpy ride as we grow and embrace things we aren't necessarily used to embracing, finding out more about who you are, etc., but it truly is a beautiful journey.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

congrats your off to a good start

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form