Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

is neglect dreads damaging

jedi dreads
@jedi-dreads
11 years ago
28 posts

only way it could be damaging to your hair is when you pull them apart so they wont congo? but i was wondering also if brushing your hair is more damaging than neglect

updated by @jedi-dreads: 01/13/15 09:57:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

absolutely thats why when u brush you get trims every 2 months from the split ends it causes

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

yea id say brushing ur hair is damaging wen i was lil i had hair to back my knees curly every time brush was like hell and wods of hair in brush had to remove to finish brushing one session!lol an yea rip them apart does damage hair too by breaking the joining hairs, but just part of it an i dont think much diffrence in regular brush hair an riping ur neglect dreads apart if anything riping them from joining quite possibly be less damaging than brushing hair because brush ahir daily maybe even more than once a day! rip ur dreads apart is like once a month or less haha :) my thoughts peace

jedi dreads
@jedi-dreads
11 years ago
28 posts

yea thats what i was thinking one of my aunts said she didnt want them cause it was damaging and was to much work her gf has them she started telling me she had to rub the roots for them i knot...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

too much work/ tell her they are no work at all

thats the point

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jedi dreads
@jedi-dreads
11 years ago
28 posts

thats what i was trying to tell her lol im sure they got their info from some site before doing hers

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Hair...is fragile stuff. At the end of the day, pretty much everything with which your hair comes into contact will damage it to some degree. Brushing it, washing it, putting it back...everything. That said, every method of dreading causes some degree of damage. However, the neglect method is much less damaging than other methods. If I had to rank all the methods from least to most damaging (and I've tried them all), it would go something like:

Neglect

TnR

Backcombing

Backcombing/crocheting

...Well, guess I've never tried felting. I don't really want to, either. Holy ripped-up-hair. :O

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form