Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
8 years ago
156 posts

Hey! Rubber bands are very bad, so you should take them out first. After that i would wait if your hair is sectioning itself, then you might have more than

20 locs by natural sectioning... With only 13 dreads getting them dry after washing will be hard and take forever, think about that. Take the rubbers out and let your hair go, then you will get way more sections then you have right now. Cheers!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

those are going to be really really huge we have 1 woman with 13 dreads they are huge

the rubber bands must come out but i would very strongly recomend starting over with 40 or more

20 is really the minimum youd want and they will be pretty thick

yours already look real real thick and they are only going to thicken up alot more as they dread

rubber bands can cause over a dozen serious issues in a very short time..and do absolutely nothing good

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

i wouldn't bother with the bands at all.

but guesstimate the sizes of the sections at the scalp

that's how thick the dreads will get eventually wich means they can take 4-6 days to fully dry inside wich is a high mildew risk

over 1 inch thick is risky yes some people have massive dreads 6 or more inches but often they are not very sanitary or healthy (google polish plait)

if you want really fat dreads and don't mind that they are extra hard to care for then by all means carry on... 

but if you want to minimize the risk and make them more manageable and easy to care for then it would be best to start over now instead of later

just be aware of what thick dreads that size require

baba fats wrote a post or made a video i forget which about the special care fat dreads require

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

look at hummingbird love gorilla on here

hes got massive dreads and no they thicken as they mature

2 inches is roughly the size of your wrist..so that's how thick each dread would be

btw

you never had to tnr or backcomb you could just let it section and dread itself

theres no reworking involved nature does it all for you

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

always happy to help

i started out with like 75 later i think i had close to 200

i let them congo at will (except those that are already 1 inch) and now have maybe 50-60

the few that are 6 combined into 1 that are an inch take very long to dry..and if i wash them too late in the day they risk getting funky

and those are just 1 inch.. i would at least recommend keeping the tips loose so they don't hold ikn water

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

baba fats  um emily (theres a few Emily's) and umm matted something  or something matted .. all 3 though haven't been on much lately

they are the only 3 i can think of that have around dreads like yours

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

they will get to about the sizes of the sections

look at my friend chevelle trant on here

hers when they started were tiny lil things  look how thick they are now

this is a very common mistake people assume the dreads will be the size threy make them so use way too much hair from big sections and end up with huge dreads

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

mine at 1/2 that thickness take a couple days to dry completely

remember yours are not yet tight when they are they dry a lot slower

--
Dislike 0

Tags