Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Forums

Beginner Dreader

Moon Child
@moon-child
2 years ago
51 posts

So I started my TnR dreads yesterday. But I'm considering taking them out and trying again Monday with nice clean dry dandruff free hair. I am also going to section it. But the problem is I only want to dread the under layer of hair and have half dreads half hair.. How could I go about this so that my hair doesn't get too caught up in my dreaded hair?


updated by @moon-child: 02/14/15 03:43:24AM
Jenifer J
@jenifer-j
2 years ago
42 posts

you'll need to separate those dreads from the loose hair frequently. could be daily, could be after just washing, it depends on your hair. just make sure you take the time to separate the hair you don't want in there from the dreads as much as it's needed.

but why don't you want to do your whole head?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
27,402 posts

no need to start over just wash them and you will need to continually separate the loose hairs from the dreads but you will most likely just want to let it all dread itself over the next couple months




--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Jenifer J
@jenifer-j
2 years ago
42 posts

also, i took mine out when i started, made more, and ended up taking them all out again.

it's heck of a lot easier to take them out when they are new... but it's still a lot of time... are you sure you need to take them out?

Moon Child
@moon-child
2 years ago
51 posts

Okay. I will leave the ones I have and section off the rest of my dreads.. I've just been randomly pick and choosing my sections and twisting and ripping, It is super addictive. Is it bad for your dreads to have different 'birthdays'?

soaring eagle said:

no need to start over just wash them and you will need to continually separate the loose hairs from the dreads but you will most likely just want to let it all dread itself over the next couple months

Moon Child
@moon-child
2 years ago
51 posts

I would do my whole head but I'm almost positive management wouldn't approve. Unless I backed it up with relgious facts..

Jenifer J said:

you'll need to separate those dreads from the loose hair frequently. could be daily, could be after just washing, it depends on your hair. just make sure you take the time to separate the hair you don't want in there from the dreads as much as it's needed.

but why don't you want to do your whole head?

Jenifer J
@jenifer-j
2 years ago
42 posts

i would either let them section naturally on their own, or section them yourself. i think the random sections make it easier for congos to form, but i also don't think it's the worst thing you can do.

i am not an expert though! and mine were *so awesome* that i ended up taking them out.

I think lazy dreads has a video on the pros and cons of sectioning / not sectioning....

Moon Child
@moon-child
2 years ago
51 posts

I may not need to, but I was thinking maybe it would help with sectioning, because like I said I just picked and chose sections..

Jenifer J said:

also, i took mine out when i started, made more, and ended up taking them all out again.

it's heck of a lot easier to take them out when they are new... but it's still a lot of time... are you sure you need to take them out?

Moon Child
@moon-child
2 years ago
51 posts

He does, and I've watched it and still decided to just pick and chose.. .-.

Jenifer J said:

i would either let them section naturally on their own, or section them yourself. i think the random sections make it easier for congos to form, but i also don't think it's the worst thing you can do.

i am not an expert though! and mine were *so awesome* that i ended up taking them out.

I think lazy dreads has a video on the pros and cons of sectioning / not sectioning....

Jenifer J
@jenifer-j
2 years ago
42 posts

i think lazy said that if you didn't section, and are thinking about undoing them all to section, that it probably wasn't worth it. but he also said it's a good idea to section them (like a brick pattern)... so maybe better sectioning for the new ones you are starting?

 / 3
 
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form