dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washed dreads and oh no!

Kit Vardy
@kit-vardy
12 years ago
11 posts

Well.

I used a jug of rock salt and water to rise my dread through whilst in the bath. Direct to scalp and sqeezed through dreads. dried and went to put my tam on and all my ends are falling out... panic stations or not?

please advise

updated by @kit-vardy: 01/13/15 09:26:02PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Not at all. the tips should be loose. loose tips are what helps locks dry faster. Water can drain out of them instead of getting stuck like in blunted tips

Kit Vardy
@kit-vardy
12 years ago
11 posts

will they blunt up as im not a huge fan of the "Paint brush" tip look lol

D!
@d
12 years ago
44 posts

They may or may not, you can blunt them once they are more mature but do yourself a favor and just let them be.

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

They might blunt themselves, it depends. They take forever to dry when blunt though, and can lead to mold if you're not very careful. Just leave them alone for now, since messing with dreads can mess up the progress...but if it's been a while (a long while, so you know they're mature and won't blunt themselves) and still want them blunt, you can try rubbing the ends and get them to knot up and that'll help them blut.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yoir washimng with salt and your putting a tam on wet? if you put a tam on damp dreads they will mold wether blunt or not

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tia
@tia
12 years ago
24 posts

No need to panic... Your babies are only a couple months old, let them be and they will do what they were meant to do. As of late, mine are in the blunting stage (which I do not prefer, but my locs seem to love it). It wasn't until recently that the back of my head did anything. I'm at almost 10 months and I still have a lot of loose hair back there, but I have some pretty kick ass babies back there forming all on their own, too.

Kit Vardy
@kit-vardy
12 years ago
11 posts

the tams not going on wet. its going on dry.

as you say im a couple of months in so ill post some pics up and let you all see them for your viewing pleasure :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form