Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Scalp showing

kathleen dufort
@kathleen-dufort
10 years ago
1 posts

So I've technically tried to form dreads three times, this time being the third. First time was pure neglect and was horrible. I got a rats nest and it just wasn't very pretty because my hair tangles easilly. Second time I went to a salon and they separated and backcombed but I felt unattractive and wanted my regular hair back. So this time I've decided to do what the salon did but save some money by just doing it myself. Everything is going fine, granted it's been about a week. But I feel like I can't just wear my baby locks down without a hat or something. You can see my scalp in the back and I feel like it looks horrible. I got synthetics to add in because I only have about 20 or so naturally and wanted to thicken things up, also thinking it would help in the back. It did a little but it still looks bad. Will this go away once my natural hair locks up and i can remove the rubber bands? Or am I just screwed because of the sectioning. It was like this when I got it done too, now it just looks a little bit more wild, which I don't necessarily mind. I'd post a picture of the situation back there but I just couldn't get a good one. Any advice would help, thank you!

updated by @kathleen-dufort: 01/13/15 10:06:10PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

u used wax so comb them out the sectionms are too big abnyway go nsatural but seperate often wax is evil salons are evil rubber bands are evil\u need to start ovfver u need more dreeads no wax no rubbedr basnds ,,and no hasts

thgey wont dread under a hat unless they dread in the shape of the hat

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
quartzacoatl_
@quartzacoatl
10 years ago
8 posts

i concur with soaring: noooo wax! wax wax wax

what I would do is,

towel dry in a circular fashion when hair is whet to encourage knots. when the base is knotted like a spider's web (took ~2-4 months of no combing for me), separate

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

big sections+rubber bands+ doing what a salon did= screwed up dreads showing scalp dreads thgat dont actualy dread and require brute force by salons to simulate it with repeat visits constantly and neverending

and wax is the number 1 cause okf dreads being cut

when u say natural made a rats nest all that was needed was to keep those sections seperated into distinct dreads

thats it it ould have been a rewarding beautiful process

now salons believe that your scalp should be showing they so severely over tighten the roots that yiu get traction alopecia and the roots thin the scalp showing widens balding sets in and u get that pokadotted doll head like look

u remember old school dolls had holes in thier heads with tuffs of hair sticking through them salons cause that look but far worse with allthe hair from wide areas pulled tight into tiny dreads

look through the featured discussions for examples

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form