Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

would you cut your dreads for a million dollars? (very serious and real question)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wasnt implying that at all just what would he value more dreads and integrety and the lifestyle he wants..off tVge grid in a wilderness

or wall stereet investor billionare slave to the system and forced to conform to the trust fund stipiulationsand pawrents demands'

once u got a billion dollars you sorrtta got to do something investments company aquasitions

you can certainly do alol that with dreads but not if you have to live up to demands and expectations or have it taken away

yea you can take big oils money and open a biodeisel company or spend it on developing alternative fuels or whatever but if you are going to have it taken away if u dread why have it at all?

elke.in.alaska said:

That seems like apples and oranges eagle. Yukon doesn't stand in a position to take money from people by false advertising or by causing harm.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 07:36:19AM
YUKON
@yukon
12 years ago
119 posts

i have no desire to live a flamboyent lifestyle ....im happiest w/ a cabin in the woods and a woodstove.

this is a bit to swallow right now tho....ive never imagined this...even tho i knew it was coming for about a year

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u can have your dream..and your dreads.. and only need 1/10000th of what tour siblings might get

besides we aere in a global economic collapse

who will suffer most? ppl with nothing but laND To grow food on? or billionairs who depend on wealth for security

oh

but

if u get a private jet or anything sell it and buy a couple motorgliders and we'll go soaring together sometime

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

tho u know..

if u did do this u could start ahemp research institute and not just grow for mediccinal and recreational but do in deptV research into industr4ial and medical development srtart thge 1sthemp fuel refinery ahempcrete building company and do alot to start a green revolution

which u can do as a silent investor having others run the show u just put the peicwes in placfe anbd fund it si u can still live in the woor=ds without respincibility

(and u can share a lil with all of us too haha)

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I wouldn't do it for a million bucks if it was just offered to me on the street, but if It was for this reason... I don't know. I'd find out what the stipulations were in the trust. Can you grow them back after you sign and it's all ironed out? That might be one of the points they hide in there. Be careful. There is a lot you can do with the money. But really, are you doing fine without it? Would you all of a sudden change your lifestyle? Probably not. Can you afford, with the money you're making now, to take care of your family and not worry about money?

If you are content with your life right now, I wouldn't cut them. Show up, still. but rock your locks. Pull them back to look neater, but that's all theconcessionthey'd get from me. I'm sure they're aware that you'd probably start to grow them back as soon as you walk out of the office.

Be careful. It's really a principle thing. Would you be willing to cut your hair to help feed hundreds of people? I would. if I knew that it could make even a little difference, I would. I love my hair. I wouldn't cut it for any job. But if I was starving, and my family was. I'd cut them for a job just to make sure they could eat.

I can't make the decision for you. but there's my opinion

YUKON
@yukon
12 years ago
119 posts

tons and tons of replies regarding this on the weed forums...here is one:

I will say this. Bro your appearance does not define the person you are or what you stand for. It is just an image. Just an Image. Your dreads do not define you but more limit you as they automaticly put you in a box and people will label you a certain way. I let my actions, thoughts, and words define the person Iam. I think this would be a good lesson for your son. That its not about your image but being smart and playing the game.

YUKON
@yukon
12 years ago
119 posts

i just wanna travel to my final destination...the alaska bush.

i will not ever feel at peace until i can have a backwoods home and a self-sufficient lifestyle in alaska.

...so a compromise regarding a fuckin haircut is prolly in order.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

image/ do thety really believe dreads are just an image?

you cut em before

u know 1st hd the profopund sense of loss and dread loss depression

u know its not just an image

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I don't know. I can't stand main stream religion. But my girlfriend extended family is catholic. I've been to a few wakes to the church. To me, the overuse of jewels and gold is obnoxious. It's an image I would not want to put out for myself when people visit. But that church has a significant feeling for those religious attendats. They look at the decorations as a tribute to their god.

Locks are no different. Most of us here have spiritual reasons for ours. But to people who see them and don't feel what we feel, we're putting out an image of who we are.

Conscious or not, people are going to look at us and form an opinion. It's not different than an alter, robes, priests collars, etc.

We've probably all seen nuns not wearing a habit. You'd never know that they feel like they are married to god from looking at them. Even if you have to cut your locks, you'll always be a dread head if you feel like it inside. And if you can grow them back, great. If not, the feeling is still there, and how you act is still there

YUKON
@yukon
12 years ago
119 posts

Baba Fats said:

I don't know. I can't stand main stream religion. But my girlfriend extended family is catholic. I've been to a few wakes to the church. To me, the overuse of jewels and gold is obnoxious. It's an image I would not want to put out for myself when people visit. But that church has a significant feeling for those religious attendats. They look at the decorations as a tribute to their god.

Locks are no different. Most of us here have spiritual reasons for ours. But to people who see them and don't feel what we feel, we're putting out an image of who we are.

Conscious or not, people are going to look at us and form an opinion. It's not different than an alter, robes, priests collars, etc.

We've probably all seen nuns not wearing a habit. You'd never know that they feel like they are married to god from looking at them. Even if you have to cut your locks, you'll always be a dread head if you feel like it inside. And if you can grow them back, great. If not, the feeling is still there, and how you act is still there

bro that is profound and really helps my thoughts through this.

man i wanna medicate myself like crazy right now (weed...and i grow lots)...dont use much tho.

....its a cpl months from when ill have to change up .... i really really wanna just be like f-you, so-what, i have dreads, and i have no regard for our opinion.

...but at the same time i have a son and family and i want the best for everyone...(well not for everyone) i don't care about most ppl beyond my very immediate family.

i dont know...i'm not cool w/ cutting my hair right now, and prolly wont because i dont think in the end that ill be denied benefits because.

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form