Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new site upgrade process and intro to features

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

well the sites getting closer and closer to ready every day, but some of the upgrades that will really make it work the way i hope might take several weeks, whether thats 2 or 4 or 6 is anyones guess.... but things are progressing at an amazing speed (especialy when compared to how slow ww3 was in getting finished)

when you login, or join, there will be alot of profile links.. more then most of you will ever use.

but these are only visible to you untill you use them.

note users who sign up for a shop account will have a few more links so heres a screenshot of a shops profile menu

on the title bar to the right you will see follow thats simular to our freinds system as it then alows interaction through messaging etc but its a 1 way unless you follow back

right now i have "approve followers" turned off but can turn it on if desired

the next 3 buttons are to edit your profile..and account and customize your page

then create a new profile (only enabled for shops, when you join, but select to have a shop, your 1st profiles your user profile that you post as, you then create your shop profile as a secondary profile linked to your account. the last 1 is to delete a profile

now the menu itself timelines a list of your activity .. audio alows unlimited music uploads profiles when you create them also have an 'influences" field that alows the search to function as a 'find new music' to discover music thats influenced by your faves

note, shops can sell thier music..photos, videos and crafts you can set a price on anything you add...howver you are only alowed to sell stuff that belongs to you, your bands music, your photography, etc

blogs self explanatory its your profiles blog but also shows up in the main sites blog lists.

events again these events are tied to your profile, but also show up in the main sites events

faq your profile can have its own frequently asked questions module with catagories of questions

note that odviosly not everyones going to want or need a faq, but because your profiles can be far more powerful then what we have now many very active users may want to use this feature.

flicker if you have a flicker account you can mass import images when the final upgrades are done in a few weeks im going to try to mix the varios sourses of images music and vids into a seemless display

oops skipped file this alows you to upload pdf txt doc zip rar and mp3 files (and if you have a shop sell them) (if needed can add other file types)

forum this is your forum, not the sites forum, this is your forum for anything at all you want it to be for

yep.. thats right your profiles your site supercharged theres no limit to the cataggories you add or the number of posts or users you attract you can have a forum for off the grid living, for unschooling for gaming whatever it is that interests you and it can have catagories for everything that interests you

payments this is shops specific for tracking sales and payments note payments have to be manualy processed (by that i mean an admin has to just click a button once a day to process payments) it is now set to send a payment when your shop makes more then just 5 dollars

bundles this is a shop feature that alows you to sell bundled items in the case of a band, this might be 13 songs bundled as an album or it could be a gift basket assortment of beads or soaps or whatever

and theres a 'bundle only' option on products if you want to make an item only available as part of a bundle

gallery is your photo galleries the 'albums' we now have are imported into galleries and any image not in an album goes into a default gallery and ofcourse again photographers can sell thier work and make an entire gallery a bundle etc

groups is pretty much just like the groups we have now

guestbook is like any other guesstbook on any other site but i think its not visible till theres an entry so youd have to make your own 1st entry (or give the url to someone to make it for you) that way if you dont want to be bothered with it just ignore it

pages are just like our current guides and pages we have here complete with commenting, but specific to your profiles.... are you starting to see how you can make your profile as huge and expansive as you want?

playlists you can make as many playlists as you want from as many profiles music collections as you want

another nifty feature is when u click the facebook like on music it adds a inline music player into your facebook wall

soundcloud odviosly alows you to pull in music from your soundcloud account and i think it alows a search and mass import but i havent played with it yet

products is your "real goods' like tams soaps beads etc

videos vimeo and youtube ill cover all at once 1st off you can upload 1.22 gigs (i can make that any size by adding more ram to the server) thats enough for most full length hd quality videos so our in house video system can rival both yt and vimeo but the youtube and vimeo modules alow bulk importing you search by user name topic whatever and select the vids (or select all) and import into the site

our video library can become huge and since you can upload full length hd cvids here those vids will only be available here and we can become the goto place for dread vids...and control the quality of the info

this has already gotten long and im just getting to the end of the profile menu

lifestraem

lifestream alows you to integrate all your activity from well i dont know how many social networks.. but its alot several are somewhat regional like russian or whatever

but heres the list and its extensive

so as you can tell it can pull in a whole lot into 1 page

this is only the begining,

profiles can pick what page, even a custom page they want as thier landing page

the shops page when i finish it will have a featured shops 'slider' alot like a random rotating ad but that will have thier logo, and a short paragraph about the shop

below that will be muultiple lists like most recently added products most recently purchased (i think) highest rated a random products list etc etc so there will be multiple ways for your shops products to gain exposure

simularly if your profile has its own forums that activity shows up on the front page

in fact everytime someone gives something a rating it shows up in the activity

and this is a huge thing..pretty soon profiles will be able to have thier own domain yoursite.com use your own "skin' so it has a completely diferent design and layout but even though its a stand alone site, its activity is still fed into the main sites activity feed

so we can literaly function as hundreds of seperate sites within a network

now as for simplicity of use although its much more complex and powerful loggedd out users will only see the features on your profile you actualy use

so your shop might have just products and bundles or products faqs pages and blogs (all of wich are great ways to bring search trafic into your shop)

you might have only music

etc

and adding or editing anything is simple and straightforward and uses the most common mobile icons a plus to add a gear to edit a trashcan to delete

a live preview is here www.greentechnologyforums.com (temporary url) you should be able to login and try it out (except those that joined in the last few days , we'll get you added soon dont worry)

there is 1 thing that we really could use

anyone with a very fast internet connection especialy if you have fast connection both up and down

the archives about 250 gigs and takes me a few days to download..and way too many to upload just the photos alone takes me im guessing 4 or 5 days

having someone with a very good connection to do the archivve uploads would drasticly help get the site up and running faster

at a rough estimate we will have a new site around when we have a new year...

theres just a couple crucial updates were waiting on but they shouldnt take long

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

oh i forgot to mention the 'networks" tab not only can u pull in from a hundred diferent networks but your activity on site can push out to a dozen networks if i choose to conect them

so when u post it can post to twitter fb g+ and a bunch of others

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

note for the nesxt couple days im beta testing the last peice of the puzzle needed to go live it wilkl not look or work ritght all the tikme during this phase i will reset it to9 the almost ready state when not working on it

if the beta testing goes well we can move muchy sooner

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form