Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Forums

Please help!

Moon Child
@moon-child
2 years ago
51 posts
My poor dog is covered in fleas! I'm allergic to the new oatmeal shampoo we have for him and every time he goes outside when 'duty calls' he just brings back more and more. I was curious as to if tea tree oil would be a safe flea repellant for my dog. This is my first pet that I have had to actually take care of and he's miserable and I don't know what to do.
updated by @moon-child: 02/14/15 01:18:32PM
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
2 years ago
172 posts

Dang.. it is too bad SE isn't on right now.. He would definitely be able to help. Yes, I do believe tea tree may help a bit. I know neem oil would probably really help, but not sure if that is something you would be able to access very easily.

Claire3
@claire3
2 years ago
36 posts

Okay, I know that this is not the most PC/all natural response, & certainly it will bring up argumentative responses, but please just get Frontline. I know that the downside is that you are practically dosing your dog in chemicals, but honestly, he must be miserable. :( I am not sure where you live in the country, but I live in Colorado where we have prairie dogs & have recently (like the last few weeks) had fleas test positive for the Plague. Recently, a dog- 2.5 year old neutered male- died of the Plague here. Before he died, he transmitted it to two other cats - who died- & I believe 5 people- who lived. The prairie dog carries the Plague, the flea bites a prairie dog & gets the Plague - then jumps on your animals. That is worst case scenario. Otherwise, he could become very anemic if the infestation is as bad as it sounds, & gosh it must be uncomfortable. Just get Frontline! Stop using it when it gets colder out. I am a vet tech at a local animal shelter, & am all about homeopathic options if they make sense. Maybe use something homeopathic once you have it under control. I don't know, this is just my advice. Best of luck! Love & light to you & your furr children.

Sarahface
@sarah16
2 years ago
108 posts

Dawn dish soap is supposed to be magical against repelling fleas.

Sarahface
@sarah16
2 years ago
108 posts

http://everydayroots.com/flea-remedies Here are natural ways too :D

Moon Child
@moon-child
2 years ago
51 posts

We used frontline, thats the problem! Apparently they've changed the formula so its like sugar to fleas. So my boyfriend and I are trying to find the best ways we can until we can get him a proper vet appointment.. but then that doesn't solve the problem.. because my cat also has fleas. The dog is technically his (though I do all the care giving) so he'll pay for HIS pet. but I have to find a way to pay MY vet bill and help my mom pay a hotel fee so she can have a major surgery done, and also buy more food for the house. It's a lot of hassle at a young age and I feel like my emotions are going to burst!

Claire said:

Okay, I know that this is not the most PC/all natural response, & certainly it will bring up argumentative responses, but please just get Frontline. I know that the downside is that you are practically dosing your dog in chemicals, but honestly, he must be miserable. :( I am not sure where you live in the country, but I live in Colorado where we have prairie dogs & have recently (like the last few weeks) had fleas test positive for the Plague. Recently, a dog- 2.5 year old neutered male- died of the Plague here. Before he died, he transmitted it to two other cats - who died- & I believe 5 people- who lived. The prairie dog carries the Plague, the flea bites a prairie dog & gets the Plague - then jumps on your animals. That is worst case scenario. Otherwise, he could become very anemic if the infestation is as bad as it sounds, & gosh it must be uncomfortable. Just get Frontline! Stop using it when it gets colder out. I am a vet tech at a local animal shelter, & am all about homeopathic options if they make sense. Maybe use something homeopathic once you have it under control. I don't know, this is just my advice. Best of luck! Love & light to you & your furr children.

Moon Child
@moon-child
2 years ago
51 posts

Apparently these fleas like dawn .-.
But also thanks for the page!
Sarah said:

Dawn dish soap is supposed to be magical against repelling fleas.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
27,425 posts

cats are alergic to teatree bnort sure bout dogs or well not alergic its toxic to them

diatomacease earth not sure i spelled that corectly but it kills everythingwith an exoskeleton udont want the stuff sold for pool filters though thats got added stuff u want the pure stuff u dust the pup with it and it is like shards of glass curtting into thier exoskeletons and killing them




--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Moon Child
@moon-child
2 years ago
51 posts

Thank you so much SE!

soaring eagle said:

cats are alergic to teatree bnort sure bout dogs or well not alergic its toxic to them

diatomacease earth not sure i spelled that corectly but it kills everythingwith an exoskeleton udont want the stuff sold for pool filters though thats got added stuff u want the pure stuff u dust the pup with it and it is like shards of glass curtting into thier exoskeletons and killing them

Claire3
@claire3
2 years ago
36 posts

Bummer about the Frontilne! I hope that you figure it out soon for your little guy!!!

 / 2
 
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus