Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The recent debate i've come across

SnowMonk3y
@snowmonk3y
10 years ago
17 posts
I'm of African descent and personally I have no issues with any race having dreadlocks. For someone to even think for one second that a certain race should be excluded from anything is flat out retarded. Its very sad race is even brought up skin color is purely a genetic adaptation that occurred when ppl moved from Africa to different continents of the globe so our species could survive easier. Dreadlocks are a result of not combing anyways happens in all hair never got the race association. This is especially true considering that Indians, Celts, Africans, and many other ethnic groups have worn this style since the dawn of time. If a white person which is a stupid term, a person of European descent wants dreadlocks go for it. What I find ironic is alot of the ethnic people of African descent who get offended by "white people with dreadlocks" usually do not have them or chemically alter their hair to straighten it. That's ironic criticize whites because according to your ill informed self it is fake and there hair can't dread naturally etc. yet you chemically change your hair to feed into racist European ideology of beauty that was the dominant thinking at one point in time however your not racist lol just saying its retarded. I started my free form dreadlocks because I like them, I don't want to fight what my hair does naturally, and there a cool motherlickin look if someone doesn't like it oh well get over it I live with my hair not you.
updated by @snowmonk3y: 07/22/15 07:28:24AM
Jamison Johnston3
@jamison-johnston3
10 years ago
64 posts
We need a like button
Jamison Johnston3
@jamison-johnston3
10 years ago
64 posts
To me, there really is no race. Souls have no color. There are only people
Nicholas Ballard
@nicholas-ballard
10 years ago
8 posts

These locks of hair exist on YOUR head and grow from YOUR scalp. the universe has given them to you to do with what you would like. The opinion of others no matter how justified it is within their own minds should not affect your decision. On top of that, this is something that happens to your hair over time all by its self. how in the hell could someone, anyone, deem whom has the right to wear this style.

SquidFase
@squidfase
10 years ago
24 posts

I find it strange when I read about people getting offended and such about this hairstyle. It's very rare anyone says anything negative towards me, and I live in an area that is full of country religious people. Generally it's people complimenting my hair, and even screaming across parking lots about how they love my dreads. The only person that's really been offended was my aunt, (But she is a hair dresser). lmao. I think to those people who even begin to spew their delusional ownership opinions upon you you just say;I do what I want!

=3

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form