Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Forums

I don't know nothing about dreads..........

larralde3
@larralde3
last year
2 posts

What is the best way to get started?Should i look for a local salon?I always liked that style of hair,I remember watching one of my favorite bands back in the day P.O.D and,Sonny had awesome hair!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
last year
27,427 posts

the absolute worse mistake you can make is to go to a salon

the best way is  switch to a dread shampoo and wait for dreads to happen

read over the dreaducation page and  then  ask any questions you still have but b all means stay away from salons

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
larralde3
@larralde3
last year
2 posts

Alright man thanks, im a make this happen 

Melissa6
@melissamoon
last year
2 posts

Throw away the brush+don't use conditoner+wash your hair 1s to 2s a week+love+time and patiance=Healthy beautiful dreads :) Good luck.

stream26
@stream26
4 months ago
3 posts

I had dreads one time whrn I was in Goa. I was a blonde, and I really liked the result Most of the compliments I've gotten on my dreads have been from black people. If you are confident in yourself and who you are fuck other people. An important piece of advice I got from a friend who has had dreads for years told me that in order for people to think I'm half as clean as they are I have to be twice as clean as they are. Most of the crap I've gotten has been from white people who bought a line of bullshit that people who had dreads didn't wash or comb their hair.

As for after care do a deep clean with Apple Cider Vinegar and baking soda about a month after you start them. You can find instructions online. The ones I do often include Lavender, Tea Tree, and Rosemary essential oils and I repeat them once my dreads stop smelling like them. Other than that I washed my  hair at least twice during a shower and washed my hair every second or third shower as I shower daily. Keep them dry and periodically separate them at the roots on a regular basis.

updated by @stream26: 09/22/16 07:33:04AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 months ago
27,427 posts

well good advice except we no longer recommend the baking soda acv deep clean it weakens hair badly

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus