dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

List of all dreadhead jobs!

Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

But...What is that job Change? :)

I'm a bar tender currently. I also have worked at a summer camp as an arts and crafts director and at a liquor store. Oh...and got a job as a cab driver, but the hours they needed me for didn't mesh with my bar tending job at the time...so I never actually worked a shift.

Oh! and I was working as barista in a locally owned, organic, hippie, downtown college town coffee shop when I stopped brushing. :)

As soon as I acquire a vehicle I'll begin the search for a job that pays more and preferably has benefits. I would like to work for a credit union. I've been keeping note of the way I see the tellers and desk workers typically dressed and the other day I asked if there was a specific dress code that would require me to remove piercings or possibly have dreads. :)

Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

its just a small business i do computer it and web stuff at. its great really. the coworkers make it and the owners are nice so its great you know?

Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

Totally. Also, i'm sure that with dreads it might be more acceptable at small businesses than larger corporations?

Although...I work for a corporation and so does Mons, so of course that's not universal.

Oh...and a personal philosophy of mine is that if a company won't hire a person who has dreadlocks, I boycott them and take my money else where.

A locally owned coffee shop/breakfast restaurant that is across the street from a Food Co-op told a friend of mine that they wouldn't hire her unless she either combed out her dreads or cut them off. I lived a 5 minute walk from them for 4 years and never even stepped foot in their door.
They didn't want my money anyway. :D

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
12 years ago
1,302 posts

My niece had dreads for awhile and worked for LUSH, had a management position. They defiantly hire dreadies. I myself am an artisan and do art shows, so mine fit right in.

Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
I am a male nurse now. Nobody had any issues when I told them I was getting dreads. They made fun of me though lol. My overall goal is to have my own brewery. Me and my best friend have been brewing the last three years hoping to take to market within the next 5 years
Sarah Smile
@sarah-smile
12 years ago
43 posts

that's awesome. :) sounds like a lot of fun

BC Aotearoa said:

I am a Freshwater Ecologist/Hydrographer.... i basically get paid to act like a ten year old, i catch bugs and fish, build dams and fly about in helicopters looking at how much rain has been falling.... been at it about 9 years and have been dreading for a year now... again no worries with the dreads,there'sa few of us knatty folk running about... i deal a lot with kids and they think dreads areawesome, and it is amazing how well you can get along with the staunchest farmer here when you shock them withcompletelynormal no BS conversations.

Sarah Smile
@sarah-smile
12 years ago
43 posts

i work at a pizza shop but am also a freelance photographer :)

Κύριε Ελέησόν
@κύριε-ελέησόν
12 years ago
92 posts
I was a CNA in Kansas. My residents didn't like them when I took them down, lol, but since they were always up, nobody else minded.
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

There was a dreaded nurse in that worked in the postpartum maternity ward my daughter and I were at.
Her's were definitely natural. :)

said:

I was a CNA in Kansas. My residents didn't like them when I took them down, lol, but since they were always up, nobody else minded.
Κύριε Ελέησόν
@κύριε-ελέησόν
12 years ago
92 posts
Star Gryphon,That is AWESOME!!! And inspiring. I hope to be a nurse someday - although I'm not too sure what nook of the profession I'd like to end up in - and the idea of having dreads in this field has always made me slightly nervous. So to hear stories like this reminds me it can happen and makes me happy!
updated by @κύριε-ελέησόν: 07/22/15 05:16:26AM

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form