Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

scalp burning?

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

The burning part sounds like more than just dandruff by itself. Since you said that the burning didn't happen with the Bronner's, I would give that a shot because that is taking a step back to 1 less symptom.

If you have a physician you can talk to about it that would be a good idea, just in case it's something that needs to be treated. Try doing a little "irritated scalp" research to get a good idea of different possibilities as well as different treatments so that if you do talk to a physician you are mentally armed with a broad band of possibilities for treatments to ask about, in case they start blaming the hair as a problem.

I've several friends with psoriasis. It can be in 1 location or it can be all over the body. The 2 friends I know who have it on their scalp suffer from itchiness and irritation as well as skin flakes in their hair. 1 of them said that it sometimes burns and bleeds (but he also has a VERY severe case that covers his body.) I hope that your scalp is just sensitive to the shampoo rather than have something that needs treated. I really wish you the best of luck and hopefully you can keep us updated on progress.

updated by @valrie: 07/22/15 11:22:24AM
Nick Sig
@nick-sig
12 years ago
17 posts

deffinatly i appericiate it and im just going to keep doing my reasearch untill i can find something that takes care of the problem im having. Thanks all

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

try a dermatologist not a regular dr

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nick Sig
@nick-sig
12 years ago
17 posts

right on, Thanks

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

could be a scalp condition but you could also be allergic to something. not everyone can use essential oils. i would try a mild bs wash and see if that helps.

Marlene Oles
@marlene-oles
10 years ago
1 posts

I have had my locks for 12 years. During the past year my scalp itches and burns badly. I'm wondering if maybe its time to cut them? I'm really tired of the burning. I use tea tree and that cools it temporarily but it is never ending.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

well what do u wash with now and how often

try the www.dreadlockshampoo.com bars i bert the itch/burn stops right away

wash m,ore often too twice as much at least weekkly twice a week 3 timdes a weeek whatever

dont wasah with anything with sls in it..sont use dreadheadhq crap!

and stop using hot water

stop palm rolling too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form