Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Root questions

Psybin
@psybin
3 years ago
32 posts

I dunno if this goes in this category or maintenance but I've been wondering about my roots.  I searched a little and nothing immediately came up but I'm sure this is somewhere on the site.  I let my hair section itself and do its thing except for separating and I'm noticing a couple locks seem to have wide roots.  They don't seem too big unless I pull on one side and I can feel some hair pulling at the root like an inch or two away from the actual lock.  Is this a normal way for the roots to be?  I've read it's like a web and not to mess with the roots but I'm worried some of these might actually grow into 1-2 inch locks and I don't want that!  I really need to take some photos but can't atm since it's so hard to by myself.  

One lock seems to have a pretty decent section that's an inch away, but woven into the lock.. maybe I should rip that one apart now before it's huge?  I haven't tried anything like that yet.. I guess I just start pulling from the root but it seems pretty hard and painful without scissors lol but I don't really wanna use those.  Well hopefully without photos yet someone can help. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
28,431 posts

sometimes they can be over an inch long but only 1/2 an inch wide  so the overall size is still  fine

pics can help though

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Psybin
@psybin
3 years ago
32 posts

Ok I hope they're fine then.  I'll try to get some pics taken!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
28,431 posts

yeathat will help

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus