Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

We need a "My hair won't naturally dread" support group!

Vates
@vates
13 years ago
66 posts
my hair didnt look like it was doing anything for at least 6 months as far as real dreads.... it just looked like hair that would twist itself and undo itself every time I washed .. you really just need patience in time it will happen :)
updated by @vates: 07/22/15 05:53:45AM
charles hubert
@charles-hubert
13 years ago
19 posts
ive been dreading for about 7 months i had 2 dread for about 3-4 months with no other progress and well thats what kept my faith in it right now i got about 10-12 dread starting to lock all around my head just dont give up u will get there just wash them dont give a shit and ull get dreads its pretty simple if u keep thinkin about it u will discourage urself ... enjoy ur journey dont give up have a good day
melann
@melann
12 years ago
34 posts

I totally agree. Talk about close minded. Dreadlocktruth forum is SO MUCH better. They accept all methods, and are very positive. You wont be swarmed by the same person telling you youre doing everything wrong.

Lex said:

SE you are one of the most confrontational people I have ever encountered. You make me feel like I shouldn't comment on anything, because you are just going to belittle my thoughts and actions. I hate the way this forum males me feel but for some reason I keep coming back to offer my own experiences so people know that there are other options.

I hope I never meet you in real life because I am pretty sure you would find a way to make me cry.

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Right, because giving people a supportive pat on the back when their dreads break off is so much better than saying, "hey, listen, based on the countless members who've been in the exact same position as you, we have to tell you that this method is bad." I don't get it. Being positive isn't much use when you have to shave off your head. People here are incredibly friendly, helpful and supportive, but they also won't turn away and shut up when they feel like you're making a mistake. God knows how many people would've wasted their time and money on products and methods they don't need. If it's so bad to want to help people not make mistakes you've seen countless people make, why are you even here? It's not like anyone is profiting out of advising people.

melann said:

I totally agree. Talk about close minded. Dreadlocktruth forum is SO MUCH better. They accept all methods, and are very positive. You wont be swarmed by the same person telling you youre doing everything wrong.

Lex said:

SE you are one of the most confrontational people I have ever encountered. You make me feel like I shouldn't comment on anything, because you are just going to belittle my thoughts and actions. I hate the way this forum males me feel but for some reason I keep coming back to offer my own experiences so people know that there are other options.

I hope I never meet you in real life because I am pretty sure you would find a way to make me cry.

melann
@melann
12 years ago
34 posts

How is you insinuating i should delete my account "friendly and supportive"?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you like being lied to bruy a site that calls itself truth ? then im supporting u in getting what you like

a sites useles unless u[its honnest and tells you the truth..wether you want to hear it or not

if you dont want to hear trhe truth then your welcome to get ypur version of the truth somewhere else

you were the 1 beuing argumentative and confrontational'

i get very tired f people like you cvcalli9ng me a bad guy for trying to help you

and then claiming i]=other sites are better because they dont bother to tell you the truth?

hoew are you being freindly and supportive

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
melann
@melann
12 years ago
34 posts

You'll be alright.

Dylan cram
@dylan-cram
11 years ago
3 posts
I have similar hair. My hair is very fine and straight. I haven't put a comb through it in about a year. For the past year I washed it about once a week with mild stuff(unscented baby shampoo/body wash). My hair is about 6 inches long. Nothing happens. I use a wool sweater as a pillow case, and my hair is perfectly knot-free every morning. In the past month I started washing with baking soda and using sea salt, and there is no change (its only been a month though). I believe that such a hair type needs more length. A few years ago, my hair was down to my shoulders. I wasn't trying to get it to dread, so I brushed it, and it took me an hour sometimes to get the knots out! It was at its worst when I went to bed with an elastic holding it together in the back. Back then I was using regular shampoo AND conditioner. For fine straight hair, I think length is the key.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

absolutely

try some biotin a few months to get some more growth

try the liquid soap from www.dreadlockshampoo.com

or give the baking soda and biotin more time

inch and a half could make a big diference

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dylan cram
@dylan-cram
11 years ago
3 posts
I tried a jump-start. I did a very mild twist and rip and put elastics (the kind with fabric covering) about an inch above the roots. I kept the elastics on for about a week, doing some mild circular rubbing at the roots. The roots started to get dense. I took the elastics out and I'll see how it goes. If they fall apart then oh well- I know my hair starts to knot when its long, so I will have to wait:)

soaring eagle said:

absolutely

try some biotin a few months to get some more growth

try the liquid soap from www.dreadlockshampoo.com

or give the baking soda and biotin more time

inch and a half could make a big diference

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form