Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Does strong Wind help or hinder locking?

PanamaR3D
@panamar3d
2 years ago
13 posts

Does the wind from riding in a car with the windows down help locks due to the movement, or hurt them due to pulling hairs out?  Windows up or down? 

RayneMama
@raynemama
2 years ago
44 posts

I don't know for sure, but I LOVE drying my dreads by driving with the windows down

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
28,417 posts

depends windows down probably helps ..top down with more extreme direct wind probably hurts

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
i-and-i
@i-and-i
2 years ago
35 posts

I did a little experiment with this one day that might answer this question. 

I had just taken a shower and was late for class, so I was driving to school with my hair dripping wet and decided to stick my head out the window, thinking it would help my hair knot and lock up more since I was still only a couple month into free forming. 

It more undid a lot of the progress I had then helped. I mean, I don't know what I really expected stuck in my head out the window at 55 miles per hour...I showed up to class lookin like I just survived a tornado and with the biggest cheesing smile on my face because of how amusing I found the whole experience xD

now, If I crack both the front driver window and the rear passenger window (no more then 1/2 of the way open) it seems to act as a natural blow dryer and seems to help a tiny bit with blowing little hairs away from my face, but I can't say it did anything overly noticeable to help them dread faster. 

But, also didn't hurt! As long as my head wasn't out the window like a dog in August. Like I said, about the same effect as if you blow dried only from the top side. 

Peace and love!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
28,417 posts

exactly what i was trying to say haha

a light breeze helps.. a strong blast ..hurts

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Dislike 0

Share This