Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new dread locking gel from dreadlockshampoo.com

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

your 2 years in, no reason to try it unless you wanted to tame frizz for a wedding or something

its mostly for really dread resistant hair just to help it start

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

ohh i didn't know you were having so much trouble in that case yes itg is absolutely worth trying

but lets also diagnose..how are y7you washing and drying technique wise

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

wait srry was confusing the 2 of yiu haha how far in are you exactly acid

--
acidburn
@acidburn
8 years ago
96 posts

8 months in, 2 months into using vickis shampoo

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

well your excessive oiliness is making it slippery and sections fall apart easily this is the only gel id think  isn't bad in dreads because of how its made its not going to build up or  bind  it all together like glue, instead it makes the hair just a tiny bit stiffer not slippery so sections resist being torn apart by evrry gentle breeze

what youd do is  dip 2 fingers in put that dab by the roots then wrap your hand around the section gently dragging it down with a SLIGHT twisting motion

your not wanting to  twist it tight  just  twist so the section pulls together

keeping the sections together between washes  can help get it knotting up

most people don't need the extra help..you might benefit from it

just know the karma scent has a strong pine like smell..i like it.. but its strong and people sensitive to smells might not

the scentless might be a better everyday option especially if you have a close quarters work environment

your already  doing all you can with the best of the best  and its still too oily to dread so this is absolutely worth a try but before committing you can always request a sample if your ordering shampoos soon ..or wait and see what she suggests about the oiliness which is the biggest issue..this wont correct that issue but may counteract its effects enough to make a difference

--
acidburn
@acidburn
8 years ago
96 posts

Thanks again. Ill give it a shot i have no problem with scents but i ordered patchouli and my mom hates it everytime i get in her car she complains and says "dont ever ask me to pick up that shampoo for you again" so i may have to go with scentless shampoo and request a sample.. sucks cause i love patchouli.. but i dont drive and i live in canada and have to have it delievered by the border so it makes the shipping cheap. I guess i have to respect her wishes.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

i ordered nag champa and my sis stuck it outside ..come to think of it  never seen it since  she also hates patchoilli  and teatree . some people love it others don't

the karma gel has the strongest scent of them all id say

for shampoos

light scents satsuma sage sweetgrass ceder ..um those 2 are probly the lightest scents

--
remy.ernstsen
@remyernstsen
8 years ago
1 posts

This gel sounds good to use, but I don`t think I will consider it before my dread journey is like 1 year.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

why is that that's kinda opposite what its for  its used very early in the natural process to help them get started, once a year in theres no point in using it at all

--
i-and-i
@i-and-i
8 years ago
35 posts

Greetings, all!

I'm only 6 months in and a lot of my hair seems to be dreading itself just fine, but absolutely nothing is happening with my bangs and the first 3 inches of my hairline from my face back. this area sees a lot of attention from my hands as i try to keep it out of my eyes, so idk if its ever going to dread. should i give this a try or just wait it out?

im getting a bit tired of my undreaded bangs getting stuck in my glasses xD

/ 12

Dislike 1

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form