Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

A question about soap!

Amanda Clouse
@amanda-clouse
4 years ago
54 posts

I was shopping at Fred Meyer earlier and saw this soap. The brand is Sappo Hill. I was wondering if it is safe for dreads. Based on the ingredients, I feel it seems safe.

The ingredients for Aloe Vera are: Non-GMO Food Grade Oils of Sustainable Palm and Coconut, Water, Sodium Hydroxide*, Glycerine, Organic Aloe Vera, Fragrance Blend with Natural Plant Extracts and Essential Oils, Mineral Pigment

The ingredients for Almond are: Non-GMO Food Grade Oils of Sustainable Palm and Coconut, Water, Sodium Hydroxide*, Glycerine, Fragrance Blend with Natural Plant Extracts and Essential Oils

*Used to make true soap; none remains in fully saponified and superfatted soap bar

I purchased both and figured if they aren't safe to use, I can always use them on my body. I was trying to purchase dreadlockshampoo's soap, but for some reason paypal would NOT recognize my address. After 20+ tries, I gave up and need something until I can get a dreadlocks bar. I also have Dr. Bronner's if all else fails.

I should add I live Oregon and my area definitely is soft water.

updated by @amanda-clouse: 01/13/15 10:06:21PM
Amanda Clouse
@amanda-clouse
4 years ago
54 posts

I did some reading and it seems glycerine is an ingredient I should avoid with dreadlocks. Is that because it is too moisturizing or will it leave residues or both?? I will be buying a dreadlockshampoo bar within the next few days, anyway! At least I have some new body bars!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
28,526 posts
All the ingredients are too moisturizingGet dreadlockshampoo just use the contact page to let her know the issue u have nd shell just invoice u

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international
Amanda Clouse
@amanda-clouse
4 years ago
54 posts

Yah, I've been talking to her. I'm just waiting for the money to transfer into our paypal account. After I posted the question, I did a test by washing my hands with it and it is super slick, so I knew it couldn't possibly be good for my baby dreads!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form