Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Color run..... safe for dreadlocks?

Heather
@heather
5 years ago
1,291 posts

My son has been wanting to do a color run so for his graduation gift i signed us up for one. I'm a bit concerned at what the color will do to my dreadlocks. It says it's cornstarch colored powder. Anyone do one of these? Any trouble washing it out? I figure i could always wrap my hair up in a scarf but if washing it out isn't an issue then I'd like to have colorful dreadies for a day:)

updated by @heather: 01/13/15 09:53:04PM
Heather
@heather
5 years ago
1,291 posts

Okay cool. Thanks! I'll definitely pick up some filters. I've seen pictures of people wearing them and that definitely seems like a good idea.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
5 years ago
1,302 posts

Heather, that sounds like to so much fun, I have been wanting to do one of those for ages. Never heard of one around here but I should look it up on the web. Hope you take pics so we can see all the fun you had...and your colored dreads too.....peace

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
5 years ago
233 posts

Wellll, I'm participating in the Color Run on August third...if yours is after that, I can tell you how my experience was? I just plan on taking a loooooong shower afterward!

Heather
@heather
5 years ago
1,291 posts

Update: I did the color run a couple of weeks ago. I ended up wrapping my hair in a scarf. Unfortunately that didn't help much because the color is so fine that it was able to get through the weave of the fabric. I was a bit freaked out but with a frantic washing with a clarifying shampoo followed but a shampoo bar washing all of the color came out. The color run was a blast even though it was 100 degrees that day but we're already talking about doing another one. We're going to wait for cooler weather though:)

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form