Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I get why people use wax now...

Xephyre (Nae)
@xephyre-nae
12 years ago
26 posts

Hallelujah! All the way! I backcombed, but i hope it falls out a bit! I am looking foreward to this journey and loving every minute of not worrying what I look like!

updated by @xephyre-nae: 07/23/15 04:11:40AM
KnotLady
@knotlady
12 years ago
300 posts

awesome and good luck to you!

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

I backcombed too. It only took a week or two of just letting my hair go for it to really GO! I normally have soft slightly wavy hair but apparently my hair really wanted to dread. Not a single one fell out. I had congos within days (massive ones) and within a month my head was a loopy squiggly lumpy bumpy hot mess. I miss that now that they've grown and tamed down lol

GoldeeLoccs (Nae) said:

Hallelujah! All the way! I backcombed, but i hope it falls out a bit! I am looking foreward to this journey and loving every minute of not worrying what I look like!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if it wanted to dread so badly why would u backcomb/

Mons said:

I backcombed too. It only took a week or two of just letting my hair go for it to really GO! I normally have soft slightly wavy hair but apparently my hair really wanted to dread. Not a single one fell out. I had congos within days (massive ones) and within a month my head was a loopy squiggly lumpy bumpy hot mess. I miss that now that they've grown and tamed down lol

GoldeeLoccs (Nae) said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I didn't know it wanted to dread until after I had it backcombed. I hadn't found this site yet either. I'd just had my hair done a few days when I stumbled across this place. It didn't feel right having to do this or that to get the most natural, maintenance free hair ever. I was told I should use lock peppa and wax and palm roll and all the shit that's so bad for dreads, it just didn't seem right to do so much. So I searched google until I got this site, which felt like home :) I'm a quick learner, so from that moment I didn't do a thing except wash, within days it was hair chaos... Now I have happy healthy dreads!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea i know thats why i always tell people..give natural a try 1st..at least a few weeks and see for yourself how its going

unfortunately so many give up after just 9-12 days

--
KnotLady
@knotlady
12 years ago
300 posts

you kinda end up going natural anyway lol.

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I'm just glad I didn't use any nastiness!
Jai2
@jai2
12 years ago
15 posts

wax is pretty much the devil lol. makes me think back to when i had that shit in. funny how you see johny clean talk about how good his dreads are and the one in his face moves as one solid piece from the wax in it. dreads that long should move like ropes, not sticks

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u actualy saw a jonny clean dread move? or did he move it by hand

ive studied his vids watchubg him bounce around like a clown but his dreads never budged..

and it was funny when he even pointed out the 1 that was gluyed to his face as hes talking about wax not making dreads ticky the vid freezes an arrow pops up and a caotion..is that a dread stuck to my cheek?

why dont ppl get it..hes laughing at the ignorance of his customers

--

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form