Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread beads

Steenvick
@steenvick
11 years ago
35 posts

Thank you very much, I'll check it out! :)

Jade Newman said:

Hi Steenvick, I've got a UK based dread beads store which might have what you're looking for. I do a range of plain wooden beads that have large holes that I could decorate for you, or you could decorate yourself? I've also got plastic beads with 5mm holes that are super colourful.

My website is www.airria.co.uk

If you can't see anything you're looking for, swing me an e-mail jade@airria.co.uk and I may be able to help you out!

updated by @steenvick: 07/22/15 07:30:04AM
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Do you remember those wooden bead car seat things? They strapped to the car seat and were supposed to massage you while you drove. If you can find one of those at a flea market, yard sale or 2nd hand store...you will have hundreds of wooden beads that are the perfect size for dreads!!!!!!!!!

Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts
Actually with the wooden bead seat cover things lol save urself the $$ and walk around in a junkyard looking in the cars. Best yrs to check IF ya can find them are 80s-mid 90s.
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Junkyard owner: ...Anything I can help you with?

OP: Got any dread beads in any of these cars here?

Junkyard owner: ...

XD

Sweet,
@sweet
11 years ago
133 posts

Just like Barrellady says - you could even get the colour you like in polymer clay and make it into a ball then thread a pencil or even an object the thickness you would like the hole to be. You can push tiny beads into it or even bits of brocken egg shell or glitter etd the skys the limit, you could get 2 different colous of the clay and half mix so you get a marbled effect. Dreads beads r hard to get it seems. If you need direction in doing smthing like this i am happy to help with step by step directions. Its also alot of fun :)

updated by @sweet: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
jesse demato
@jesse-demato
11 years ago
23 posts
I've recently bought some beads cheap art dreadspullen.com hope that helps
ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
11 years ago
122 posts

You are all so creative!!! I'm glad I read this thread. I love wood beads but everything I read or watch says they are bad for dreads. Have any of you had any problems with them getting wet and soaking into your dreads? I also found some $1 packs of beads at Wal Mart that were all different size holes.There are about 20 beads per pack

Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

any craft store, make your own beads (polymer, wood, whatever you can drill a hole into), or just use anything with a hole or that can be stringed on. get creative & unique ;)

thetetlove
@thetetlove
11 years ago
16 posts

You can make it on your own.. You can use polymer clay and bake it.

The good thing on this clay is you can make the size of your own beads so it can fit on your dreads.

Laura Annalina
@laura-annalina
11 years ago
8 posts

Etsy!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form